Corrado vr6 vs g60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sickboy05

Legacy Member
I looking to buy a corrado but i dont know wich one is beter
i tough the vr6 would be beter but some guy told me the g60 is beter when mod because its supercharge what do you guy think is best?

thanks in advance

IMO the G60 is a little more hardcore. While the VR6 on the other hand is more of a sports luxury coupe. It's heavier but has more accesories. All depends what you are looking for. Both have a lot of potential for mods though.

both are good

with a pulley/fuel enrichment, a g60 is as fast as a VR6...maybe faster on the highway. They are both good. But, there are way more nice VR6's than G60's. By "nice" I mean good condition, a definite concern when buying used.

really depends on how much money you're looking to spend and what your priorities are.
vr6 pros: faster stock, more reliable setup when compared to modded g60. 1993 1/2 on have a nice interior, mk3 like interior. Vr6 has nicer bumpers and nicer hood.

g60 pros: lighter, better weight distribution, better handeling, g60 can be modded for very cheap, cheaper to buy. Supercharger sounds amazing with a p-flow. Has cool brake cooling ducts.

vr6 cons: expesive to buy and modify, heavy, car tends to nosedive a bit like all vr6 mk2's.

g60 cons: supercharger maintenance, ugly turn lights, ugly hood, bumpers are too pointy, the interior is sorta ugly(some vr6 have this interior also, early 1993 models). g60 tranny sucks once you modify and have like 200hp, 1st becomes worthless.

If you prefer a lighter feeling car, I'd go with the g60, it's more of a rice-rocket than the vr6. Personally, I like both equally allthough i've only had a g60. The g60 will smoke a vr6 when you slap on about 1k of mods, i.e. stage 4 from bbm.

Well i really want the car to stay stock looking wyse because theres not much you can to to it but for the engine and want it to be fast(really fast):D :D

VR6 Baby

I would totally go with a VR6 Corrado, that is one thing that I definitely have to get my hands on....Besides, all I can say is that I know people who have g60's and wish they had bought vr6s instead....So, I would say definitely go for the vr6. I know I would.

Well if you want to make the car crazy fast the Id have to say go with the VR6. Obviously, due to the size of the motor, the potential for enormous power is greater in the VR6 than the G60. Slap a turbo kit on the VR6 and yer talking SERIOUS power. However, its quite expensive.

G60: HIGH maintenance...it's most likely you'll be needing to re-furbish the supercharger upon aquiring it.

VR6: LESS high maintenance :rolleyes: ... this one will probably just need tires :D

Supercharger

I also know two people who are having a realy bitch of a time with their superchargers on their g60's, so you're best bet is to go with the vr6 if you ask me...

look wut I found ...

g60bj.jpg

i hear that in europe they do crazy shit with the g60 with audi block but i dont remember exactly, but i would go for the vr. or u can go g60 with the hp kit ( that i think jack was selling not sure at all) and u could take stock vr no problem

g60 all the way

the g60 engine is reliable if well taken care of.
better performance on corners ! less gas! less expensive and easier to find parts then vr6! can do a turbo conversion !

definatly a g60

I blew my G60 turbo conversion 6 weeks after the new setup (supercharger was RIP).

Positive : Extremely cool to drive, can't describe!

Negative : Even if the car is a *cult* and *icon* to some people, I'm sorry to say that they are POS in term of reliability. I had all the problems in the world with this car.

get a vr6 !!
Take it from me I have had the g60 and VR6. You don't want the headaches the g60 will give you. EX: did you know that the g60 needs to have the supercharger refreshed every 40000km, that's about every 2 years at $800 and up. If the charger lasts.
Or you can do what I did get the cheaper g60 corrado when the charger is on it's way out sell it and replace the engine with a 1.8t

unless you are a mechanic or very good friends with one, i would not reccomend the G60
plus the VR6 has nicer esthetics IMO

well, time to chime in

because i own a g60, i am now a mechanic:D
you better no what you're getting yourself into.

if you like getting your hands greasy, this is a great car to own, and is hell of a lot funner to tinker with.

As for the vr6, it is more reliable, but the headgaskets are know to fail, then again, so is on the early g60's:rolleyes:

the main picture is potential

if you're happy with bolt on reliable power, look for a good g60 with a fresh charger, just don't expext to break 200whp

with the vr, like said before get a turbo setup (mad $$$, even if done yourself) and be king of the streets mr.pimp

hey matt, don't be calling my C a rice-rocket :angry: :D

perspective from a non-VW fan whose friends had G60's:

the G60 has good potential but "reliability" (haha) is only acceptable to professional mechanics with lots of free time or ppl who enjoy russian roulette. That's for a stock one. If you build it up I suggest you keep a full tool kit in the car at all times.

IMO the G60 sounds like a high-performance farm tractor engine, ESPECIALLY when it's built up. Not as bad from the inside, but from the outside it sounds TERRIBLE

and from someone who HATES VW, I'd consider buying a VR6 for the sound alone. One of the best engine sounds in the world IMO.

G60 is great for a MkI or a Scirocco if you want more power but keep the light weight and good "tossability". But a Corrado is too heavy to be tossable so there's only 1 way to go IMO.

Originally posted by blacksheep
perspective from a non-VW fan whose friends had G60's:

1.I suggest you keep a full tool kit in the car at all times.

2.IMO the G60 sounds like a high-performance farm tractor engine, ESPECIALLY when it's built up. Not as bad from the inside, but from the outside it sounds TERRIBLE

1. true, you will need a full tool kit in the car at all times

2.um, time to clean out your ears... i love the low end growl of a g60, and it gets pretty scary loud hitting the redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back