Corrado vr6 vs g60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess different exhausts, etc ... those I heard has leistritz (sp?) and remus exhausts and really didn't sound good ... In My Opinion.

Maybe yours sounds better or you just like that sound. Also I'm talking about the noise outside. Inside it's not as bad.

Glad you enjoy your cars. Variety is what it's all about.

the g60 was scrapped in 92 for a reason. Everyone hated it, your looking at a supercharged 1.8 (g60) vs. a 2.8 (engine from the passat at the time). the supercharger on the g60 was supposedly garbage as most ppl couldnt feel an increase in power below 3000 rpm. personally the 93 SLC is my favorite.
I'm in love with this car:
todd1.jpg

Heres a little thing on the history of the rado, should help you make a decision. http://www.corrado-club.ca/media/Corrado_History.pdf

BTW, how much money are you thinking on spending (I was looking into buying one too, insurance is pretty low on it)

Good Luck on getting urself a sick car :bigup: ]

Last edited:
The G60 is completely unreliable. When I bought my first Corrado, it had a G60 in it, the first thing I did when I got home was tear out the G60 and dump a Vr6 in there. Then I gave my buddy the G60 so that he could use it as a boat anchor:p .

the only probs i've had with my g60 in 3 years as far as the engine goes is an o2 sensor, big woop...

there really isn't any probs that leave me by the side of the road...
it's only happened once, it was the fuel pump relay, oh my god...
for some reason, everytime something breaks it still remains driveable, i guess i got lucky

apart from the charger no longer boosting, at least it still hasn't exploded.

Originally posted by Chuck-S4
Positive : Extremely cool to drive, can't describe!

Negative : Even if the car is a *cult* and *icon* to some people, I'm sorry to say that they are POS in term of reliability. I had all the problems in the world with this car.
I have to quote Chuck on this one... Exactly the same thing for me. Sad but true.

Originally posted by Rocc and Rado
the only probs i've had with my g60 in 3 years as far as the engine goes is an o2 sensor, big woop...

there really isn't any probs that leave me by the side of the road...
it's only happened once, it was the fuel pump relay, oh my god...
for some reason, everytime something breaks it still remains driveable, i guess i got lucky

apart from the charger no longer boosting, at least it still hasn't exploded.

send out the charger and get it rebuilt by KK.

i haven;t checked the boost pressur eon mines yet though but want to get it done becuause of so many mods i'm doing to it.

:bigup:

Originally posted by scirocco16valve
send out the charger and get it rebuilt by KK.

i haven;t checked the boost pressur eon mines yet though but want to get it done becuause of so many mods i'm doing to it.

:bigup:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you verify boost pressure on your MFA?

you can check it with the mfa but it isn't terribly precise...

turn on the car, hold the mfa button down, turn off while holding and restart, there will be new values in the mfa you can scroll thru

but it doesn't show your boost in psi or bar, you need a conversion chart to figure it out, get the peak # and i'll convert it for you...

and no, the charger not boosting isn't a prob, it's just finding a replacement*banghead*

note: i know some VW fanatics that would not think of touching the VR6, they seem to know what they're doing and suposedly love the lighter G60, il get more info on this soon, but i dont think its fair to automaticaly ditch the idea of G60, especially if you are mechanically inclined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back