Protest against Meat eating (2 crazy pics)

^ it wouldnt be a matter of needing a support group, but rather finding like minded individuals who share a niche passion that is not embraced by the mainstream of sheep

Are you really suggesting that meat eaters are sheep for following what mainstream does?

That's the most hipster thing I've heard all week.

that bich is kinky as fuck. is it wierd to get turned on by those pics ?

FYI google image search "menschenfleisch" for more bloody protest boobies!

so not wanting to associate with people that i disagree with makes me a hipster?
Thats like saying inviting people to montrealracing to talk about cars is a support group. I do not go to the mustang forum because i do not like mustangs.

I've arrived where i am through careful interpretations of various studies and books on health and nutrition.
to start, read:
-The Perricone Prescription (and his other works)
-Good Calories, Bad Calories
http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-Challenging-Conventional/dp/1400040787

After you have done that, you might be ready to make a decision for yourself. I do not consider myself a hipster, just someone who is lucky enough to be educated in nutrition and smart enough to make my own decisions, not having to worry what others will think about me not being a meat eater.

People talk about ancestors eating meat but should read this and think about it carefully.
Paleolithic humans had some tools to hunt with, but they were not as useful as tools used by the modern hunter-gatherer. Professor Jared Diamond explains how the diet of early humans depended on their tools. He describes how he was invited on a hunt by a tribe in New Guinea that retained Stone Age "technology" and habits. Surprisingly, after an entire day of hunting, the tribe returned with only two baby birds, a few frogs, and mushrooms.

Although the men of the tribe frequently boasted of the large animals they had killed, when pressed for details, they admitted that large animals were killed only a few times in a hunter’s career. These peoples’ stone tools were far more advanced than the stone tools found on prehistoric sites, so Professor Diamond thinks it unlikely that prehistoric hunters could have enjoyed a much higher success rate than present day hunter-gatherer tribes

The numerous inconsistencies between current recommendations and retrojected Paleolithic nutrition suggest obvious investigative possibilities…. The most meaningful research designed to reconcile current nutritional recommendations with the nutrition that shaped our metabolic needs during evolutionary experience will probably involve comprehensive integration of multiple dietary variables and exercise activities in studies that begin early life and proceed through development into adulthood (Eaton, Eaton III, Konner, 1992).
In conclusion, there has been an extensive amount of research done on the topic of Paleolithic vegetarians. There also have been various theories about our early ancestors such as theories that the habitat of subtropical forests determined vegetarianism-like diet. Skeletal remains support this contention in both the Austrapithecines and the Austrapithecine Ramidus. Evidence suggests humans became carnivorous only within the Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Neanderthal Man stages of evolution. Research also suggests that early humans’ diets are similar to those of the chimpanzee, which subsisted on a mostly plant-based diet. Anthropologists who study human tribes with Stone Age Technology and habits reveal that these humans eat mostly plants and small animals, and only rarely eat large prey. Finally, studies on Paleolithic humans suggest they existed on a moderately low protein and high fiber diet, furthering the argument that prehistoric humans were probably more herbivorous than carnivorous, though certainly this debate requires further research.

Keep in mind that any "large prey" that they actually caught would have had no hormones, been grass fed not grain fed, and completely organic, the foods it ate would not have been influenced by pollution. Not to mention they would have had to eat it quickly before it would go bad, meaning the meat would have less time to be able to oxidize.

I am not saying that you cannot eat meat, go ahead, but i would make sure its the highest quality, grass fed organic that you can find, and i wouldn't by anything older than 48hours. At any rate, everyone is free to make their own decisions in life, just trying to help people see the other side of the story, because 6 months ago i never would have considered giving up meat. Amazing what educating yourself can do.

^^ You posted on a site with a majority of older teens young adults, 99% of them being men, claiming that eating vegetables is better than eating meat (and a balanced diet at a whole)... it would be extremely naive of you to think you wouldn't get blasted making such a claim.

Added to your suggestions and links, your claim is that those people who eat meat are "sheep following mainstream attitudes".. While that claim may work with political opinions, it doesn't work when you're talking about food.

Then you post articles comparing crap americans eat to why it's so much better going vegan, (which isn't even a half decent comparison) and now you're saying that eating meat is fine provided it's fresh and not filled with all the preservatives that they put in meat nowadays...

how about canned veggies, corn, etc. Those are loaded with preservatives as well and using your argument, those shouldn't be eaten as well...

So again, healthy food choices are the way to go, and eating meat/dairy/fish has its place in a balanced food diet.

Back