Official PORTRAIT Thread, Officielle de PORTRAITS

fuuuuuuuuu, lol.

Moved the photos so that the first of the thread is not full of photos.

Here's a few photos I took yesterday for a wedding. Did a quick "batch edit" to see if I liked this editing style for this type of setting. This is my first year doing weddings, so C&C is always welcome:

krsamples-001.jpg

krsamples-002.jpg

krsamples-003.jpg

krsamples-004.jpg

krsamples-005.jpg

krsamples-006.jpg

krsamples-007.jpg

krsamples-008.jpg

krsamples-009.jpg

krsamples-010.jpg

krsamples-011.jpg

krsamples-012.jpg

krsamples-0013-2.jpg

krsamples-015.jpg

krsamples-016.jpg

krsamples-017.jpg

krsamples-018.jpg

^^ I like 7 and 11, I think you lose a bit too much of skin tone in 16. Nice job!

Thanks for the heads up! That one was actually a bit more over exposed near the bride's head, so I darkened the top to get a bit more detail. I found the colors a bit washed out, but I'll definitely add a bit more color to it as per your observation. :D

Also, I love this one:

20100918-mariage-audrey-nathan-128.jpg

The FIRST wedding it did, I was nervous and kept thinking too much about shots I HAVE to take, and never shot anything more creative, or that many detail shots. Even now, I have to remind myself to constantly look for different ways to shoot, and not always "generic" poses and such.

Thanks for the heads up! That one was actually a bit more over exposed near the bride's head, so I darkened the top to get a bit more detail. I found the colors a bit washed out, but I'll definitely add a bit more color to it as per your observation. :D

Also, I love this one:

The FIRST wedding it did, I was nervous and kept thinking too much about shots I HAVE to take, and never shot anything more creative, or that many detail shots. Even now, I have to remind myself to constantly look for different ways to shoot, and not always "generic" poses and such.

I faced the exact same dilemma for my first wedding. I was so nervous. I even shot in aperture priority instead of manual just to make sure I didn't scew up lol For my next wedding, I'm going all out and being myself. This is the only way to get the best results.

fuuuuuuuuu, lol.

Moved the photos so that the first of the thread is not full of photos.

Here's a few photos I took yesterday for a wedding. Did a quick "batch edit" to see if I liked this editing style for this type of setting. This is my first year doing weddings, so C&C is always welcome:

I like 4,5 and 8.

Both of you ended up with awesome shots !

Congrats, I've been too scared for weddings.

Damn, when I do weddings I never do any shots that ''you have to take'' I just do what I want and I make sure they know that in advance!

That being said, Congrats to Janno and Pshopmaster for your work. I'm sure your clients were really happy!

here's a portrait from the w-e, shot at 1,2 of course lol

original.jpg

Holy shit, that's trippy.

Damn, when I do weddings I never do any shots that ''you have to take'' I just do what I want and I make sure they know that in advance!

Yeah, I didn't know any better back then. That's what I do now, and I have so much fun shooting weddings.

That being said, Congrats to Janno and Pshopmaster for your work. I'm sure your clients were really happy!

here's a portrait from the w-e, shot at 1,2 of course lol

[/IMG]

I'm not sure of the bride and groom would be happy with that. You need to take group shot pictures of all the tables. You also need to take pictures of as many guest as possible. Imagine if the bride asks to see pictures of her uncle or grandmother and you tell them you don't have any? All that being said, the 1.2 is tits!

Kiddie shots! I'll post some from a shoot I did this summer later.

Haven't had time lately to work my interwebz social life lately.

Simon, I believe you're a bit out of focus. But it's not always easy with young kids, since they move like ninjas.

Janno: yeah it is... :( She was tilting from side to side and front to back all the same motion. lolz

I have other shots of my niece... Gotta dig for them.

yeah, that's why my shots at f1,2 or 1,8 are so hard to get! they wont stop moving for half a sec.

Janno: yeah it is... :( She was tilting from side to side and front to back all the same motion. lolz

I have other shots of my niece... Gotta dig for them.

lol, I completely understand.

I did a shoot for my friend's son, and I took about as many pictures of the kid, as I would take in half a day of shooting a wedding.

I was fuuuuuuuing so bad when I had to look through all of them and find one that was in focus AND the best expression.

lol!!! i know that feeling!

here is a another shot of my niece!
03-07-11064.jpg

I posted these in the F1 thread but they are still portraits
2011-06-10082.jpg

2011-06-10117.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

All feedback is much appreciated! :D

Back