Wireless Router

mathieums

I've already got a wireless router, a linksys wrt150n which works like a charm. But I want to expand my wireless network and make a wireless bridge.

So I've looked around on bestbuy and futureshop and I found this: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=cb486e2756b7fe8a0125d1761d896b52en02

But for that price I might upgrade my router instead and install ddwrt on the 150n to set it as a repeater/bridge.

There's so much choice out there I don't know what's good and what's not.

So I need some help choosing one. Plus I would like to add a NAS to my network because I'm currently using a computer to share my files but I hate to let it run 24/24 since that computer is in my bed room.

I would prefer to buy an other linksys rooter but their fucking model change so often...

Oh and I do use the N network.

Thank you

Or, you could buy another router and plug it in the one you already have.
You create the same SSID wireless network in both router, maybe put a different channel in each router. It's cheap, easy and works great.

Then buy a f*cking wireless bridge that all.

You gave yourself the answer in your own question.

^^ Je pense que ta pas lus mon post au complet...

Get the Asus RT-n16, 99$ at Microbytes

Sa c'est vraiment cool. Le site de microbytes marche pas :(

Et j'ai fais quelques recherche et le firmware de asus vaut pas de la marde. Heureusement je peux y mettre ddwrt. Sauf si tu plug un disque dur faut tu le mount toi meme car il n'y a pas de automount dans ddwrt.

Au moins j'ai quelques base en linux

I got the Netgear Wi-Fi extender 2 weeks ago. very easy to setup, works pretty well. would recommend

I've already got a wireless router, a linksys wrt150n which works like a charm. But I want to expand my wireless network and make a wireless bridge.

So I've looked around on bestbuy and futureshop and I found this: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=cb486e2756b7fe8a0125d1761d896b52en02

But for that price I might upgrade my router instead and install ddwrt on the 150n to set it as a repeater/bridge.

There's so much choice out there I don't know what's good and what's not.

So I need some help choosing one. Plus I would like to add a NAS to my network because I'm currently using a computer to share my files but I hate to let it run 24/24 since that computer is in my bed room.

I would prefer to buy an other linksys rooter but their fucking model change so often...

Oh and I do use the N network.

Thank you

how do you do that ? that was my first option, got confused, thought that it was too difficult to setup so bought the wi-fi extender unstead.
can you explain how you use another router to extend your current router range?
thanks!

Or, you could buy another router and plug it in the one you already have.
You create the same SSID wireless network in both router, maybe put a different channel in each router. It's cheap, easy and works great.

how do you do that ? that was my first option, got confused, thought that it was too difficult to setup so bought the wi-fi extender unstead.
can you explain how you use another router to extend your current router range?
thanks!

One router will have the DSL/Cable modem in it and you plug another router in the router A. Each router will run the same wireless/SSID network. You laptop will automaticly switch from a router to another if your moving into the house.
Don't forget to give each router a different IP address ( like router A with 192.168.1.1 and router B 192.168.1.2 ).

Back