Official video thread

Last night at ICAR. Trying to get used to going back to a stock M 3.62 diff...it was a bit shocking how different the car was.

Why did you went back to stock diff??? Didn't like the 4.10 with the SC?

On my side, I might put my SC kit for sell in a near future and get Schrick 288/280 cams, Evolve tune, Evolve CSL airbox and Superprint Stepped headers. I am just waiting that Evolve finish the tune and CF Airbox for Z4M.

Fun times @ Shannonville with VWLC. Met great people, lots of track time and fun track (was my first time)
Sorry for the shaky cam, had to many extension on the the go-pro to achieve this sort of angle (still working on getting a video setup I like, best would be to have a cage and putting the camera on to that...)
As for the track, still have loads to learn as usual, 1 and 5 can be lots faster then there's the line everywhere else heh....

That track is just sick. What do you think of the new asphalt repairs, some seem a bit bumby on the way in/out.

overall the track is not bad, the worst spot I found was turn 13, towards the end. I had to break super early or else the car would jump around to much, lock the brakes and miss the apex by a lot heh.

Why did you went back to stock diff??? Didn't like the 4.10 with the SC?

On my side, I might put my SC kit for sell in a near future and get Schrick 288/280 cams, Evolve tune, Evolve CSL airbox and Superprint Stepped headers. I am just waiting that Evolve finish the tune and CF Airbox for Z4M.

The SC doesn't work, simple as that. Don't know if it's the kit, the install/tuning, or gargantuan heat soak (with the intake buried near the firewall), but if anything I'm slower with it, and slower on the straights (if you can believe that). I'm convinced that I've basically bolted a hairdryer to my engine and that the car is now no more powerful than N/A but with overheating issues. It's been fun...

I bought a complete (used) stock M 3.62 diff to see if that would help laptimes (by reducing the number of gear changes) but it changes nothing. Less shifts, but less torque. Same 58.5 at ASE and 2-3 seconds slower at ICAR (than N/A 4.10).

The upside is that the stock 3.62 is SOOOOOOO smooth and quiet that I'm in love with my car again...well, driving to and from the track that is.

The car is at VAG and they're going to see if they can sort this all out.

Now I'm toying with the idea of using the new diff (because it's so smooth and so slack-free) but putting my 4.10 gear and pinion in. If the S/C can't be fixed I'm ditching it. It's fun all this, it's like throwing $$$ out a window while driving.

I'll probably eventually end up broke with an N/A car that's right back where I started from, and a bunch of people that have benefited from my discounted used parts sales. I'm going to add "Automotive Charity Work" on my LinkedIn profile.

The SC doesn't work, simple as that. Don't know if it's the kit, the install/tuning, or gargantuan heat soak (with the intake buried near the firewall), but if anything I'm slower with it, and slower on the straights (if you can believe that). I'm convinced that I've basically bolted a hairdryer to my engine and that the car is now no more powerful than N/A but with overheating issues. It's been fun...

I bought a complete (used) stock M 3.62 diff to see if that would help laptimes (by reducing the number of gear changes) but it changes nothing. Less shifts, but less torque. Same 58.5 at ASE and 2-3 seconds slower at ICAR (than N/A 4.10).

The upside is that the stock 3.62 is SOOOOOOO smooth and quiet that I'm in love with my car again...well, driving to and from the track that is.

Now I'm toying with the idea of using the new diff (because it's so smooth and so slack-free) but putting my 4.10 gear and pinion in. If the S/C can't be fixed I'm ditching it. It's fun all this, it's like throwing $$$ out a window while driving.

I'll probably eventually end up broke with an N/A car that's right back where I started from, and a bunch of people that have benefited from my discounted used parts sales. I'm going to add "Automotive Charity Work" on my LinkedIn profile.

Are you the Matte Grey E46 M3 with the FMIC I was behind on the 20 West last week?

I figured you were gonna be fast when I saw the FMIC, but when I had to let off the gas 3 times behind you, I figured either it was an Interfooler or something was up. . . .

I was in the Interlagos Blue E60 M5

Are you the Matte Grey E46 M3 with the FMIC I was behind on the 20 West last week?

I figured you were gonna be fast when I saw the FMIC, but when I had to let off the gas 3 times behind you, I figured either it was an Interfooler or something was up. . . .

I was in the Interlagos Blue E60 M5

Nope, my car is Carbon Black...I don't think my car was that dirty. ;)

I've never been a fan of aftermarket forced induction for the track.

As for the diff, 2-3 seconds/lap is huge! If you can find a way to go back to the lower ratio while keeping it smooth and tight it would be great.

Ma 1ere ride avec Chumpy a Calabogie hier. Je dois admettre que j'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir a piloter le CRX avec environ 100hp!

Got to the track late, only had time to do one session. Plan of the night, was to check for problems, test harry lap timer on android (witch I never got to work), Go-pro and sound with new recording setup
@ some point something was loose under me, it was actually a wrench moving under the passenger seat.
Suspension setup is a little stiff for ASE I think, car is hoping around at some spot but, I am pretty much ready for Calabogie this friday.

Back