Old car, sell it or keep fixing it?

Look into what year they fixed the tranny problems in the taurus, I think it's 98...if it is buy it and keep it for a while.

I see your car on a daily basis on my street and from how it looks outside i really don't think you have a problem selling it to some ti counne guy like the others said...best decision sell both and get something more reliable. even if u got to do small repairs on another car it probably would be as bad as the sentra after a good inspection of coarse

Sell it now while you can and take the loss at least it wont be a complete loss, save up and get something better you will be much happier.

I see your car on a daily basis on my street and from how it looks outside i really don't think you have a problem selling it to some ti counne guy like the others said...best decision sell both and get something more reliable. even if u got to do small repairs on another car it probably would be as bad as the sentra after a good inspection of coarse

Where do you live? I don't remember seeing any Legacys around!

I just got the car back today. Running a little rough but I'm hoping that's just the ECU relearning the MAF... Starting to hate this thing again :(

etre a ta place je garderai le sentra...quand tu va dans nimporte quelle berline c'est toujours plus cher a entretenir...et souvent plus compliquer a faire...je sais pas si tu fais ta mecanique(sa pas lair)

taurus plus cher sur le fuel...et ta deja mis 2000 sur le sentra...toff sa jusqua ce qua chie vraiment...et quand tu fait le reparation va sy pas avec le "premiere qualitee" pis laisse faire le " ha pis tant qua etre la ma changer sa aussi"...tu repare le stric minimum et tu toff sa jusqua ce quelle meurt

etre a ta place je garderai le sentra...quand tu va dans nimporte quelle berline c'est toujours plus cher a entretenir...et souvent plus compliquer a faire...je sais pas si tu fais ta mecanique(sa pas lair)

taurus plus cher sur le fuel...et ta deja mis 2000 sur le sentra...toff sa jusqua ce qua chie vraiment...et quand tu fait le reparation va sy pas avec le "premiere qualitee" pis laisse faire le " ha pis tant qua etre la ma changer sa aussi"...tu repare le stric minimum et tu toff sa jusqua ce quelle meurt

Je me debrouille pas mal en mecanique, mais pour certain jobs (trouble ordinateur, etc...) je ne touche pas a ca... Pour l'instant je fait le stritct minimum mais c'est quand meme cher!!!

for me if the car isn't rare or exeptionnal enough to keep repairing, it doesn't worth the shot. better sell it for less and loosing a bit of money than waiting, repairing and then selling it for less then before

Sentra = rouille en masse

D3stro, je suis d'accord avec toi dans le sens que un autre char used, ca va surement etre la meme chose, peut etre moin grave, mais quand meme...

I am going to get my car back tomorrow and make a final decision this coming week. She should be fixed for now so I might have trouble justifying selling, until something else breaks and I want to destroy the thing again... It is just nice to have something paid off, that I have gotten used to, and it being my first car (and that I stupidly modified a fucking Sentra) make it hard to sell.

I also LOL about Tauruses, all of the time. In fact, I think it's probably one of the ugliest cars ever made, and I know they don't have a great track record either... Either way, regardless of what I do, this is just a temporary situation until I buy a whole new vehicle next summer. Looking at maybe a Miata or a clean Civic...

sell your sentra next summer and buy a clean civic!

My personal rule of thumb is: If your car's costing you more on upkeep every month than it would to lease a brand new car, it's time to get rid of it.

Depends, I rather spend 400$ a month upkeeping a nice car then leasing a new shitbox like a base civic or corolla.

si c'est en haut de 2,000 change sinon ya toujours moyen de moyener comme on dit ! surtous si tes mecano juste un peu !

Learn from your mistakes and don't modify a car again, because just about every single person regrets waisting money in cars at some point.

i would sell it put the cash aside and wait till next year to pick up something a little more recent. For the taurus if you can get it for 500$ go for it only thing is with those cars do full stops so you dont strain the transmission on rolling stops. Gas will be alot different but also the comfort will be there too.

Back