Search function is shit..

MyRidzPhucked

Legacy Member
The search hasn't worked properly since the latest upgrade of this site.. Gave it a few months hoping it would be fixed, but nada.

I used to be able to type in "wtb", "recherche" or "LF" to be able to find people looking for parts I might be able to locate or have on hand.. never worked once since the change over. Even if you're looking for a certain thread, the results are nowhere near what you're looking for.

Is there any way to get this fixed?

Yes there is. Right now the function is good for 4 letters or more. I can set it to three letters but I would need to re-build the search index which will take 3-4 days and slow down the site. I suppose I'll just do it.

I've been getting a few complaints so I'll prob do it this weekend. 4 letters is a bit silly.

Search never works for me....

So I used google.

Type what I'm looking for, followed by montrealracing and voila

Yeah the search sucks, we need a proper search function with all the info and past threads this site has. It also doesn't look right when you're trying to school a noob telling him to search first and he can't even do it. lol

It does get frustrating so I'm happy to see Danny will fix it. *tu*

True that and I apologize. I rebuilt it but apparently there is a more complex way to rebuilt it that I still need to do. I will get it done.

I find this thread amusing because nobody will use it anyways.

If you seriously want to search the site do what MTV said:

1) www.google.ca

2) site:montrealracing.com followed by your words of interest

3) acquire trolling info that you were looking for

google is a very good option but I'm still working to resolve the VB search. For large forums the VB search gets tedious and therefore I'm looking into other solutions but they require a little more tech expertise than I have. My server guy was away but just returned and I expect him to figure out a solution.

Back