Roll cage, roll bar, lapping/racecar fabrication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed full fia :)

Where did you get the welds tested ? In the UK you have to send a sample to the MSA (Motor Sport Association), they test it and certify you, you have to do this for every car that you want certified. I just went throught the process just last November for a new Group N car for homologation, it was a completely new design. I did the design as per FIA Appendix J Article 253 and simulated the crash tests as per MSA ROPS guidelines before we actually built it.

Just curious where you get the certification in Canada, sent it to the UK ?

Where did you get the welds tested ? In the UK you have to send a sample to the MSA (Motor Sport Association), they test it and certify you, you have to do this for every car that you want certified. I just went throught the process just last November for a new Group N car for homologation, it was a completely new design. I did the design as per FIA Appendix J Article 253 and simulated the crash tests as per MSA ROPS guidelines before we actually built it.

Just curious where you get the certification in Canada, sent it to the UK ?

Yes I would have to send my sample to UK if a customer needs the fia certification.

But in this case I can't send my boy to UK to get tested, he's Seb aprouved already :)

Acura integra, chop out the bad and ugly and replace it with the good....

What the heck is this?

The replacement....

Honda civic, chop out the bad and ugly and replace with the good..... Part 2.....

In the what the heck department......

Now the replacement.....

pour la revente peut-être? bonne question, je me posais la même !

super beau travail , vraiment!

tu te sers de quel machine pour la soudure? setup ?

Tant qu'à avoir une belle cage de même... pourquoi garder ses sièges arrières?

À chacun son trip. Quand tu vois la voiture en vrai, je trouve que ça a un certain charme d'avoir un arceau et une cage dans un intérieur complet. En plus, c'est un beau challenge de tout remonter Clean.

C'est pas nécessairement la façon la plus rapide de faire des tours de piste, mais ça a de la classe :)

^ X2
He even made a few welded sculptures a while ago.
I know one went out as a trophy in a race and was pretty cool!
He offered to make one out of my spare diff gear and pinion , but a member needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back