ITB VR6 12v kits

your not the first to tell me it's a wast of time. I always get 50/50 comments on itb. some ppl tell me it's there best setup they every installed and the other half telling me it's a wast of time. How come? I know the hp gain is no where as close then boost but saw some itb setups on vwvortexx pulling 245hp on an obd2 12v, not for nothing but that sounds pretty crazy for 245hp on a full n/a vr.

the only way to get 245hp out of a 12v is to punch it out to a 3.0, bump the compression to 14:1, run 302 cams, and port the head to the point of wall failure. MAYBE you'll get 245 CRANK.

and not to mention the power at bottom range of the rpm band will suffer immensely due to no velocity cause by the intake manifold.

and also that itbs are nice on a HIGH reving motor so you have a more usefull power band i.e 5000+ (5000- to anywhere from 9-12000 rpm). so well vr's are the absolute over revving hatting motors out there..

that 245hp motor is probably only peeking that hp at like 6500 rpm lol...anything under your under stock hp stats i would say

for the record, i went ITBs on my 16v because i wanted to stop running CIS and figured while i was going SEM, i would try it out. it sounds awesome, but it's lacking at the bottom end. it would be better suited to a heavily cammed revver. i'll run it until i get annoyed and go back to an OEM manifold.

in short, if you have a reason like you're swapping in a SEM, why not, or you want the "holy shit" factor, go for it. but if you're going for performance, there is absolutely no option other than a big turbo. 12v VRs are possibly on of the worst NA motors ever built soley based on the terrible flow of the head,

Back