How to get into lapping? Track members help me out!

illusion34

Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting into lapping next spring, but needed some info:

What are the closest tracks to montreal?
How much does a season pass at a track cost?
How does it work?
Do i need any special licence?

Im not sure if i want to get an e30 3 series to start, or maybe get into it with a bike instead as i have my license for that also.

Thanks!

As the answer above....But you should come try it first since you seem unsure what you want...:p But just go to the Lapping section...

ASE Lapping Club is a great place to get started. You don't really arrange with the track directly, you join a club or clubs and show up to their events. Costs on average between 100-200 per day-long events + fuel (+tires and brakes for the season), more at bigger tracks like Mosport and Calabogie. Some popular clubs to check out: ASE lapping club, Sunday Cup, CADL (autox), Track&Time.. see Lapping section :D

There is no such a thing as a season pass, it's 120-350$ a day depending of the track, or 20$/20 minutes à Saint-Eustache monday nights.

If you have balls, take the bike to the track. I bought a bike after I started car lapping, I don't think I will ever try it on a track though.

Thanks guys for the info.

I guess ill have to see how it is with the car before a bike lol.

I will try to contact someone from ASE to set something up, but i need a car for this.

Do they rent cars?

1- Get car
2- make car track worth ie reliable
3-save money for track time
4- read all lapping related threads in lapping section before asking general questions.

Its a good start.

Back