My Car Got Sponsored by XXR!!!!!

romango3

NOT

"My sister bought these wheels to use for the winter with snow tires. She been them NEW-used someone bought them and never used them and resold to her) for dirt cheap. At 4AM Saturday night, she was going 35-ish MPH down a 1 lane street. Everything happened in a matter of seconds. The best I can describe what happened is the following:

Car is going straight down the road. The road did not have any pot holes, the driver was not under the influence of any drugs/alcohol. In a split second, the right front passenger side wheel collapsed and made the car pull to the right instantly. The EVO then hit the rear corner of a parked car (the parked car had very little damage). No airbags went off, no one was hurt.

Now the question is, how did this happen? The only educated guess that I can come up with at this moment is that the wheel had a STRESS FRACTURE/HAIRLINE CRACK from a previous POTHOLE/Bad road experience. It then just snapped without warning after the fracture gave up.

Can we say that REAL wheels BEND while FAKE wheels CRACK? Tell me what you think could have possibly happened? This accident could have been A LOT WORST. She could have been on the highway, she could have hit incident bystanders, a biker, etc.

I already know what the FAKE WHEEL lovers are going to say -> "B.S, she probably hit a pothole at 70MPH and BS'ed the story", etc etc =D. As long as ONE person can walk out of this thread and never get FAKE wheels again, I will have made a difference because that person could be DEAD one day from their XXR's going KABOOOOOM.

Here are the pictures:
IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6967.jpg
"

http://jdmchicago.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20513http%3A%2F%2Fjdmchicago.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D20513

Wow, that's pretty fuckin' bad!

Would it be possible that the person who sold the wheels to your sister knew they had some kind of defect and didn't tell ?

« C'est la même affaire que les vrai sauf que c'est beaucoup moin cher et sa look autant.» - un étudiant du cégep

like ia said, fake wheel can bend !!! but i ordered a new wheel at the dealer because the replica is discontinued. cost of a OEM wheel = 90$ profit !!

377594_10150948671650691_793980690_21965825_2056483284_n.jpg

FWIW missing lugnuts and the tires are scrap (definitely useless in the winter). Not defending cheap shit, just saying.

and what about real brembo with fake wheels ? its doesnt go together lol

parce que le gars pense comme la plupart des gens ici !

il voulait du " look " mais pas débourser beaucoup " et mettre le reste dans le moteur " ... couper les coins ronds

anyone see fatigue failure also?

This.

Des roues en cast d'aluminium fait avec un alliage cheap et un moulage pas top notch ça dure pas. De l'aluminium ça se fatigue même en restant dans le domaine élastique, et éventuellement ça brise.

Back