Scotch/Whisky Lovers

If you got some money to blow, try a Macallan 18 (I'm just throwing it out there since we're talking scotch). Probably one of the smoothest ones I've ever tasted. I'm not a big drinker but even my amateur palette knew from the first sip that this was no ordinary scotch.

If you got some money to blow, try a Macallan 18 (I'm just throwing it out there since we're talking scotch). Probably one of the smoothest ones I've ever tasted. I'm not a big drinker but even my amateur palette knew from the first sip that this was no ordinary scotch.

I tried the 10 and they 12 and they were pretty good.

The Macallan 12 is better imo. Also cheaper.

I attend whiskey tastings every two months at the Burgundy Lion. Lots of fun and highly recommended. At the moment, I'm in love with Glenfarclas 15 and ardbeg 10.

Green is one of my all time favorites along with Black Label(Peaty and Smokey but not over powering). Well worth the 64$ and 45$. There is no point buying a 100$ bottle if you have no idea what it is... For easy drinking and afforable I'd go with Jameson 12 year, 44$ a bottle. Very smooth and flavorful. Blue is selling for 213$ a bottle, while it's very very very good it's IMO over priced for what it is..

As I mentioned before the Gold is just as good and costs way less... I guess if I were holding a fancy party in a fantasy world and wanted to serve something good to guests that have no clue what Scotch is. Ihen I would have to go with Blue Label only because of the marketing behind it Blue= Baller Baller. In the real world my friends would slap me for buying it and I would most likely slap myself. Lagavulin would be the better call ;)

Has anyone tried Peat Monster? It's an acquired taste...

Now time to start talking about Cigars... Fuente Opus X anyone?

I tasted it many moons and still have several in my humidor, not so great in opinion ! If you want them cheap just drive down to NYC, the Arturo Fuente range is pretty cheap down there while they are mega expensive here in Montreal.

Is green good to get hammered with?

The JW Green is a great malt Scotch and if you want get hammered stick with something cheaper.
The secret with whiskey connoisseurs is to find some at the $30/bottle range that tastes just as good as $100+ bottle !

Try Canadian whiskeys, great quality and price, I have no idea why people buy JD at $29.95 when they can get great Canadian rye whiskeys much cheaper and 10x better !

My two favorites sipping whiskeys at the moment is the Forty Creek Barrel Select and the Wiser's Small Batch, huge whiskeys for under $30 !

Here is a list of the best Canadian stuff, you might have to hunt for them at the SAQ, since not all carry them:
http://www.tastings.com/search_spirits.lasso?se=k&sb=All&ca=Canadian&sf=ScoreForSort

Wow, I'm surprised no one mention Jack Daniel :yikes:
Its my personnal favorite whiskey :)
Glass full of ice, fill the empty space with it, enjoy!

Jack-Daniels-1.jpg

The Macallan 12 is better imo. Also cheaper.

I attend whiskey tastings every two months at the Burgundy Lion. Lots of fun and highly recommended. At the moment, I'm in love with Glenfarclas 15 and ardbeg 10.
anymore info on tastings?

Wow, I'm surprised no one mention Jack Daniel :yikes:
Its my personnal favorite whiskey :)
Glass full of ice, fill the empty space with it, enjoy!

You got to be kidding, JD is junk and for the money you can get stuff that are much much better. JD is only popular because of its huge advertising budget towards the college crowd !
Like I said earlier I just cracked open a bottle of No. 7 that I got as a gift 25 years ago because my liquor cabinet was dry, that is why its been sitting there for so long ...LoL
JD No.7 is known as a Tennessee Whiskey just because of one extra step in that it is filtered through charcoal or if you use their marketing term "Charcoal Mellowed" which in my opinion actually removes the complex attributes of the mash to be a bourbon. Their Single Barrel or Gentleman Jack is a much better alternative, but then again you can get something else much better at that price as well.

Its so bad, Ralfy didn't even review it just by the smell ...glue ...glue ...glue ...LoL

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get these Glencarin glasses in Montreal for a "good" price" ?, I don't feel like spending $15 a glass. I know Anchor&Hockings makes German version of the same glass for around $6, but I can't find locally !

Glencairn_Glass.jpg

I have bottles of JW blue, gold and black sitting in my kitchen and office at work. I prefere the Gold over all of them.

Anyone know where I can get these Glencarin glasses in Montreal for a "good" price" ?, I don't feel like spending $15 a glass. I know Anchor&Hockings makes German version of the same glass for around $6, but I can't find locally !

Glencairn_Glass.jpg
I Bought mine at vinium
I have bottles of JW blue, gold and black sitting in my kitchen and office at work. I prefere the Gold over all of them.
Thanks for offering me a drink !

Its good, but too expensive as well !, I think its in the neighborhood of $96 the last time I checked.
where do you get prices from ? You have been way off on everything... The Yazamaki is 65$ at SAQ!!! Around 55$ in the USA

Back