Vos RC

^ agreeeeed !

For the ones who like planes here are some I get to play with.

IMG_3192_zpsdcf70961.jpg

IMG_3306_zps06047213.jpg

IMG_6742_zps8507d164.jpg

IMG_6666_zpsaa9e790c.jpg

IMG_6638_zps47f7de63.jpg

IMG_6648_zps2cbb3ae5.jpg

Then honestly, I would just by something like a Blade mQx .... very durable, handles crashes well, easy and cheap repairs when needed.

You can get an RTF kit (comes with a controller) .... or a BNF kit (if you already have a radio). This may put you under your budget, so if you think he may really enjoy the hobby, and progress, I would suggest getting the BNF + buy a good radio for him. At the least, at 6 channel programmable one. Since Blade uses Spektrum/JR receivers, you'd be better off with one of those. The Spektrum DX6i is an excellent starter radio (forget about the DX4 and DX5e, their garbage)... but if he really plans on getting into it, he'll want to upgrade to a DX8 or something, as the extra channels on a quad would be useful for adding stuff I'd assume. Although for most helicopter/quad flying, a 6 channel is sufficient.

Most bigger and better quads come as a kit, and involve building it, and buying servos, ESC, Gyro, motors, etc., depending on the kit. Blade comes pre-assembled ... it's a great little machine, and a great way to learn how to fly these things! Don't assume anyone can pickup a radio control and start flying... it does take some practice! ... well lots! :)

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll get him what you suggested! I'll look into it and post here again before I place the order.

Any suggestions on where I should buy this? Picking it up in the USA is not a problem, if necessary :)

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll get him what you suggested! I'll look into it and post here again before I place the order.

Any suggestions on where I should buy this? Picking it up in the USA is not a problem, if necessary :)

Any good hobby shop really. Im not 100% sure, but i dont think there is that much of a price difference between canada and usa for this stuff.

Any good hobby shop really. Im not 100% sure, but i dont think there is that much of a price difference between canada and usa for this stuff.

I assume that buying this online out-of-province would still be better than buying it at a retail brick-and-mortar store and paying 15% tax instead of 5%.

Bon fallais jremonte le sujet..... @fox jme suis ramassé un Baja 5b ss :p quand esce quon bash

@ RAM750

a tu fais beaucoup de scratchbuild ?

je me suis ramassé des plan pour un f35 et un extra 300S
bien l'intention de commencer le foam la semaine prochaine .. quand tout ira bien jles refait en balsa.

Bon alors voici mon Camaro 1967 qui a du vécu !

Le voici au début de ces bon jours :
p1070711.jpg

Et le voici avec plusieures heures de drift !

p1070811.jpg

Branche blanche graphignée
Sticker Max Speed dans la roue
Cooler à transmission rouillé
Bumper AV cassé
Bas d'aile manquant.

p1070812.jpg

Rouille sur aile
Vis pour tenir l'aile
Rouille sur vis
Exaust pendant

p1070813.jpg

Rouille sur vitre arriere
Aile avant rattachée

p1070814.jpg

p1070815.jpg

Bumper arrière pendouillant
Porte pendouillante
Piston comme éfigie ;)

p1070816.jpg

Porte ratachée et pendouillante

p1070817.jpg

Rouille sur montant de vitre

p1070818.jpg

Bas de caisse rattaché et rouillé.

AudioAltima, do you have any particular RTF kit suggestions in mind?

Well.. As mentioned if you want a quad, the mqx is a good starter. It comes pre assembled, and is very durable. It can take a mild crash or two without needing repairs. It comes in a RTF kit, but as mentionned before, the transmiter (radio) it comes with is fairly basic. If you intend on progressing, to either bigger quads or other helicopters, look into a computerized radio. It really helps when learning to fly (as you can soften the inputs). Quads are somewhat easier to learn to fly, as i believe they are self-leveling, but if you plan to get one of the traditional (co axial) helicopters, the programming will help alot as they have a bigger learning curve.

Best thing (in general) is to start with micro sized... As they crash better, and are more 'squirrelly'. Typically rhe bigger the helicopter, the more stable it is. But if you can master the micro ones, the bigger ones will be much easier. Also the bigger they are the harder they fall (and cost more in repairs). They are also flying lawnmowers (size (450 and up), so they can be quite dangerous.

Anyways, start small and work your way up! Visit some hobby shops, and ask what they recommend.

EDIT: wow do i ramble on when I'm tired!

Well.. As mentioned if you want a quad, the mqx is a good starter. It comes pre assembled, and is very durable. It can take a mild crash or two without needing repairs. It comes in a RTF kit, but as mentionned before, the transmiter (radio) it comes with is fairly basic. If you intend on progressing, to either bigger quads or other helicopters, look into a computerized radio. It really helps when learning to fly (as you can soften the inputs). Quads are somewhat easier to learn to fly, as i believe they are self-leveling, but if you plan to get one of the traditional (co axial) helicopters, the programming will help alot as they have a bigger learning curve.

Best thing (in general) is to start with micro sized... As they crash better, and are more 'squirrelly'. Typically rhe bigger the helicopter, the more stable it is. But if you can master the micro ones, the bigger ones will be much easier. Also the bigger they are the harder they fall (and cost more in repairs). They are also flying lawnmowers (size (450 and up), so they can be quite dangerous.

Anyways, start small and work your way up! Visit some hobby shops, and ask what they recommend.

EDIT: wow do i ramble on when I'm tired!

All good, thanks! I know nothing about this, so all these acronyms don't make a lot of sense to me :)

So how about this:

BLADE mQX BNF by BLADE (BLH7580)

And one of these radios (what's the difference between them?):

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Transmitter Only Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPMR66101)

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Full Range Microlite Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPM66251)

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Full Range: No Servos Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPM66101)

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Transmitter Only Mode 2 by Spektrum (SPMR6610)

DX6i DSMX 6 Channel Full Range without Servo MD2 by Spektrum (SPM6610)

Last edited:
Bon alors voici mon Camaro 1967 qui a du vécu !

Le voici au début de ces bon jours :
p1070711.jpg

Et le voici avec plusieures heures de drift !

p1070811.jpg

Branche blanche graphignée
Sticker Max Speed dans la roue
Cooler à transmission rouillé
Bumper AV cassé
Bas d'aile manquant.

p1070812.jpg

Rouille sur aile
Vis pour tenir l'aile
Rouille sur vis
Exaust pendant

p1070813.jpg

Rouille sur vitre arriere
Aile avant rattachée

p1070814.jpg

p1070815.jpg

Bumper arrière pendouillant
Porte pendouillante
Piston comme éfigie ;)

p1070816.jpg

Porte ratachée et pendouillante

p1070817.jpg

Rouille sur montant de vitre

p1070818.jpg

Bas de caisse rattaché et rouillé.

Haha maintenant je sais tu es qui :p

J'ai vue ton post sur le board! Vraiment fou ton char! Rhd en plus :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pour ma part, j'ai deja mon rc drift mais en fin de semaine je me suis acheter un crawler! Et mon pere aussi! Ca nous donnes une bonne activiter pere/fils, on a ben du fun et du challenge!

Maudit que c'est fun! Je crois j'ai jamais eu tant de fun avec un rc (helico,drift,crawler confondu :)) en plus les batterie dure comme 2heures avec ma Lipo :)

Un axial Scx10 stock pour le moment mais j'ai des mods qui vont venir

Ca va etre dure decider le quelle va avoir les upgrades :p
enedyvuh.jpg

gy9ymury.jpg

9a4atu4e.jpg

Celui de mon pere un axial Ax10 got flex?
7a5a4esy.jpg

All good, thanks! I know nothing about this, so all these acronyms don't make a lot of sense to me :)

So how about this:

And one of these radios (what's the difference between them?):

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Transmitter Only Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPMR66101)

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Full Range Microlite Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPM66251)

DX6i DSMX 6-Channel Full Range: No Servos Mode 1 by Spektrum (SPM66101)

The DX6i transmitter only includes:
1 transmitter
4 rechargeable AA batteries
1 charger
1 manual/quick start guide

DX6i DSMX 6 Channel Full Range without Servo MD2 by Spektrum (SPM6610)
This DX6i package includes:
1 transmitter
4 rechargeable AA batteries
1 charger
1 AR6210 6-channel DSMX receiver
1 manual/quick start guide

Basically the more expensive one comes with a receiver. Typically you won't need this for now. Its more for somebody building a full helicopter that doesn't already have a receiver. Blade helicopters have a built in DSM2/X receiver, so there is no need for the additional one.

As for the modes. Stick with Mode 2. It's more the North American standard. It has to do with the stick positions.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=2105

Basically the more expensive one comes with a receiver. Typically you won't need this for now. Its more for somebody building a full helicopter that doesn't already have a receiver. Blade helicopters have a built in DSM2/X receiver, so there is no need for the additional one.

OK, so finally my dad will have everything he needs with these two:

I'm ready to find the best price an place the order. Thanks a lot for all your help, I really appreciate it! :D

Tekin ROC 412 3100kv sensored brushless motor with Tekin RS pro esc. Amazing for crawling with excellent drag brake and the 3100kv option motor is plenty fast for jumps and bashing. Best of both worlds IMHO.

IMG_1358.jpg

In my SCX10 with some aesthetic goodies (winch is fully functional via remote)

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1343-1.jpg

IMG_1342-1.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Tekin ROC 412 3100kv sensored brushless motor with Tekin RS pro esc. Amazing for crawling with excellent drag brake and the 3100kv option motor is plenty fast for jumps and bashing. Best of both worlds IMHO.

IMG_1358.jpg

In my SCX10 with some aesthetic goodies (winch is fully functional via remote)

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1343-1.jpg

IMG_1342-1.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

So happy you showed you're scx10,

I was looking at the winch I guess you bought the wireless one from rc4wd?

I have a few question.. How do you like it? Is it strong enough to help the truck?

As for the batterie do you need to run a second batterie? I've seen on picture the winch seems to have a tamiya connector which let me think it requires another batterie? Do you know the need Voltage?

Je viens de finir un autre body :)

Ca fesait un bout je voulais un missile donc j'en ai un , 2010 camaro custom vert :p avec cage home made lol
udy5eqyt.jpg

Back