K04 upgrade on AWD 1.8T Jetta

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
So I have a shot DP and that may signal the time to go Bigger Turbo

The question is with the AWD engine code some people are telling me that I do not need bigger injectors (do I need a 45psi FPR?).
What else should I do with respect to software I am running Neuspeed software and need to contact them to see if new software is required for a K04.

Any input on Home brew, bolt on etc and cost of the Turbo if I need a new one in 10 years ;_))

You can just slap the k04 on there without changing much else. You won't see much gains however, except the turbos spools up a little later, and pull longer into the top end. Some people just slap on a 4bar FPR, but if you want to do it properly, go with bigger injectors and a tuned file for them.

If you want to see some nice gains, you must first decide what kind of chip you're going to run. I would dump neuspeed, run an APR, Giac or Eurodyne file. They will all require a tt225 MAF, and what injectors you should use will vary depending on the software company, but it will most probably be Bosch #36, Siemens 380cc, or OEM tt225. Like I said, pick your chip, and install the parts they suggest.

Reactions: MTV
You can just slap the k04 on there without changing much else. You won't see much gains however, except the turbos spools up a little later, and pull longer into the top end. Some people just slap on a 4bar FPR, but if you want to do it properly, go with bigger injectors and a tuned file for them.

If you want to see some nice gains, you must first decide what kind of chip you're going to run. I would dump neuspeed, run an APR, Giac or Eurodyne file. They will all require a tt225 MAF, and what injectors you should use will vary depending on the software company, but it will most probably be Bosch #36, Siemens 380cc, or OEM tt225. Like I said, pick your chip, and install the parts they suggest.

good answer . but most of the time , they ask complet exhaust and intercooler to run perfectly :D

If i were u.... Get full turbo-back, bigger SMIC, TIP, bette chip (unitronic stg 1+). And have plenty of power from that little k03

good answer . but most of the time , they ask complet exhaust and intercooler to run perfectly :D

The exhaust and intercooler and intake can remain stock, it will in no way affect the way the car runs. I've already installed a k04-015 on a Passat with stock intercooler, exhaust, and intake. The car ran like stock, with loads more power. Upgrading the exhaust and intercooler will give HP gains, but won't make the engine run better.

So I have a shot DP and that may signal the time to go Bigger Turbo

The question is with the AWD engine code some people are telling me that I do not need bigger injectors (do I need a 45psi FPR?).
What else should I do with respect to software I am running Neuspeed software and need to contact them to see if new software is required for a K04.

Any input on Home brew, bolt on etc and cost of the Turbo if I need a new one in 10 years ;_))

Here you Go ! Unitronic Stage 2 + (K04) AWD engine

Please call us if you have any questions ! 1.866.341.2447

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/427_2000-2000_volkswagen_jetta_mk4_18t_150hp.html

2222jf.jpg

For sure I will do the DP & Full Cat back system, also will probably get a FMIC at the same time I have all the pipes disconnected; I have a Forge DV Valve and Neuspeed Tubo Inlet pipe so that should all be good. Just picked up a Forge Kona CAI (wana hear the roar). As for tuning is it better to get on a rolling road and do it properly?
What will a 225TT MAF run and is it the same as a VR6?

The injectors will run at 386 with a 45 psi FPR so they may be the same as the 225TT ??

Have a new clutch and lighter flywheel so that will go in at the same time.

225TT brakes are on and the next set of discs will be drilled cyro with better pads!
Also looking for bigger sways and more poly bits; engine dog bone, tranny done and have rear spring mounts to install.

Man just convinced myself I need a Lift and some Air tools :))

i did my K04 swap this passed summer what u need K04 ( re-build it ) + injectors TT ones + TT exhaust Mani + Uni stage 2+ + Cat delete on ur TBE + mine was a headache to put in .. hope ur goes well

well are ur doing it urself or a shop is doing it for u ( thats what i did ) if u have a TBE FMIC u should be fine

For the AWD, no need for injectors or MAF changes, as there are few K04-001 chips for AWD with 225maf/injectors, unless Uni has one for K04-001.

Only things you need are: K04-001, K04-001 chip (GIAC, APR, Uni) 1 range colder plugs, 4bar FPR, and a J N75 so you can blow that K04 a little quicker...hehehe. New K04-001 is around 1K. Straightforward 1000% bolt-on solution that's been been done by many without any issues.

If you want the bigger K04-23 + 225maf/injectors, you'll need a custom exhaust and there's more chance you might need to iron out some minor kinks whenever dealing with customized stuff.

Back