News: Haters; Car and Driver names BMW 3 Series/M3 BEST CAR for 21 Consecutive Years

G-Bus

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/12/06/car-and-driver-2012-10-best-cars-bmw-3-series-and-m3/

CAR AND DRIVER: 2012 10 BEST CARS – BMW 3 SERIES AND M3
U.S. magazine Car and Driver names, for 21 consecutive years, the BMW 3 Series and M3 as one of the 10 Best cars in 2012.The competition was represented by the new Audi A6 and A7.
Here is what the magazine had to say about the popular bimmers:
“The competition should have figured out a way to beat the BMW 3-series by now. It’s not for lack of trying: Every so often, another carmaker will pitch a worthy competitor into the mix, but none has been able to knock the 3-series from its pedestal or even maintain its consistent brilliance.

cbc60_2012-bmw-3-series-m3-top-image-photo-429018-s-original-655x386.jpg

After 21 consecutive years on the 10Best list, BMW continues to evolve the 3-series toward some platonic ideal of sportiness. You don’t notice the seats, the steering, the suspension, or the brakes because everything feels natural. Everything feels right. And how has no other automaker matched the silkiness of BMW’s inline-six engines?
Don’t forget the M3, either, which remains magnificent in the twilight of a celebrated life, thanks largely to that lusty 414-hp, 8300-rpm V-8. The 3-series sedan is on hiatus until a new model drops in February. In other words, even as the entire current 3-series lineup is on the way out the door, it still roasts the competition. The biggest threat to its dominance is not from another carmaker but from BMW itself. An increased focus on gizmology has robbed a couple of recently introduced BMWs of the athletic, connected feeling that made the old Ultimate Driving Machine tag line ring so true. Here’s to hoping BMW doesn’t screw up the best one.”

Title says BMW 3 Series/M3 BEST CAR for 21 Consecutive Years not only for 2011 so where does the fit compare ?

The 3 is not the ONLY best car of 2011, like stated in the title of the thread.
That's it!
/end of discussion

Now back to hating the 3 series.

Title only says best car for 21 years... Doesnt say ONE and ONLY... Figured people would understand "in its category" by themselves. Obviously the 3 Series isnt the best in the sub compact less than 20k category.

That I know. Just thought the tittle was a "little"(notice litttle) misleading. I'm not hating on your beloved 3 Series...I like it. I dont understand the hate towards it.

That I know. Just thought the tittle was a "little"(notice litttle) misleading. I'm not hating on your beloved 3 Series...I like it. I dont understand the hate towards it.

I only made the thread for all the haters saying that if you dont own an M BMW its not worth buying and therefore youre only paying for the badge. This proves them wrong. No where in that article do they talk about power or speed. They talk about handling, brakes, steering feel which are very similar between BMW models.

in my book, the mercedes c series beat it anytime

bmw have a japan look now, look like a Hyundai. Mercedes still have the real genuine german look

but ya.. imjust talking about the look here lol

Funny how there's a 335is and not a 323 or 328 as the pic!

Because it's a dumb American publication. Nevertheless, the old 3 Series still proves how good of a car it is and how the competition is still playing catch up. The new F30 is proving to be even better leaving the competition in the dust.

This hate seems to have generate from some of the "douches" that drive 3 series BUT why put the blame on the cars?

Funny how there's a 335is and not a 323 or 328 as the pic!

Weren't you the one that in the other thread that called anyone not buying the biggest possilble motor in the 3-Series (short of getting an M3) a poser for just wanting the BMW name? I just can't get my head around how ridiculous that statement is because the vast vast majority of people buying the car don't give a shit about speed so the 323 and 328 are perfect. Hell the 328 is fucking fast in it's own right. You are in the minority because you are a young male who values speed above all else. Do you still stand by that statement? I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself here.

You are in the minority because you are a young male who values speed above all else. Do you still stand by that statement? I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself here.

Bingo!
People don't seem to understand or remember that we (the MR community) are the minority. We, as I am also guilty of this, often judge cars by how they perform on the skid pad, the track or on the 1/4 mile...But the majority aren't looking for a car that shines in these kind of "categories".

Back