News: Volvo V40 teased as competition for A3, 1 Series

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
1211v40.jpg

Volvo is angling in on BMW and Audi territory with a new 5-door hatchback meant to target the same market as the 1-series and A3 Sportback.

Stephan Jacoby, Volvo’s CEO, showed the first teaser photos of the car originally rumored to be called the V30. That speculation was corrected today, in fact the car will run as the V40, the same as their mid-90′s station wagon.

Details about a U.S. release and pricing haven’t been discussed yet, but when the car comes to market it will feature a stretched version of the C30 platform, measuring about 175 inches. Initially, the V40 will only come as a hatchback though Jacoby said a 4-door version is still possible. [Source: Left Lane News]

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/12/volvo-v40-teased.html

Look interesting!

en tk battre un A3 c'est rien.. j'en prends une 3 fois par semaine, sieges tissus, FWD, vraiment, mais vraiment ordinaire comme char une A3 de base!

hmmm...too little too late to rival the Germans even though the A3 is nothing special aside from being a Golf GTI in lingerie. I guess people like to spend the extra $$$ for the badge...

According to De Telegraaf, a Dutch newspaper, the car will come with different engine options. First, a 1.6-liter four cylinder with the option for 120, 150 or 180 horsepower. Second, a diesel version featuring either a 1.6-liter or 2.0-liter under the hood.

Yeah right, un 4 cyl de 1.6l va jouer dans les platebande de la serie 1...

Travaillant pour Volvo J"ESPERE pour les aspects suivants:

1-J'espere qu'elle sera en vente pour le marcher Nord Americain (Nous n'avons pas la S40, V50, V60 parce que les States disent "Volvo ne devrait plus etre une marque de "Station Wagon" Criss de Yankees, et les USA controllent le stock Canadien...)
2-Turbo
3-Manuelle
4-All Wheel Drive.

Avec les changements qui vont venir, il se peut que nous soyons gater.. ou pas dutout. Je vous fais signe si j'ai d'autre informations.

hmmm...too little too late to rival the Germans even though the A3 is nothing special aside from being a Golf GTI in lingerie. I guess people like to spend the extra $$$ for the badge...

they should have coupled the tdi option with quattro..

although 2.0 tfsi quattro is a cool car

Yeah right, un 4 cyl de 1.6l va jouer dans les platebande de la serie 1...

La série 1 a justement un 1.6l de série en Europe...
BMW a décidé de vendre la série 1 en tant que char sport en Amérique (coupé seulement, 6 cylindres de série) mais en Europe c'est une compacte "premium" ben ordinaire, majoritairement vendue en hatchback diesel sièges tissu.

Mais le devant de la volvo a l'air cirssement laid, comme tous leurs derniers chars en fait...

looks promising, love the new volvo designs. We can only hope it's a little manlier than the twilight mobile.

Je vais attendre les critiques avant de me prononcer mais à date la S40/V50 a toujours été en arrière des compétiteurs.

Je trouve que vous êtes dur avec la A3, je la trouve bien cette voiture.

i actually own a C30 T5 manual and the car's got some grunt to it, ive raced it around the track with some SI's GTIs A3 and it has no problem keeping up. The one problem i do have with my car is that it weights as much as an SUV which really hurts the car as the engine is really fantastic and the handling could be a lot better if it were lighter

Back