Nintendo ds r4 cards

Lol are they real r4

LOL... real r4... otherwise, they are what ? pirated cards of pirate cards ? ;) As long as they work with the r4 kernel and stuff, whatever..

Anyhow, they sell for about $3 on most chinese sites (including the "...angels" site, where I get all of mine).. including free shipping.. OK, they can take 3 to 5 weeks to get however... I prefer the AceKard units personally.. A few more $, but well worth it...

LOL... real r4... otherwise, they are what ? pirated cards of pirate cards ? ;) As long as they work with the r4 kernel and stuff, whatever..

Anyhow, they sell for about $3 on most chinese sites (including the "...angels" site, where I get all of mine).. including free shipping.. OK, they can take 3 to 5 weeks to get however... I prefer the AceKard units personally.. A few more $, but well worth it...

Because 90% are cheap fake crap that stop working after a while. Like you said they go for under 5$

I have bought over 30 units of the $3 to $5 ones for collegues and friends over the past few years, and never had any issues (except for 2 DOA units, which they sent me replacements for anyhow). Bought a few from DX when they first started selling them and then switched to "p...angels" when many of the other sites stopped carrying them. Used to buy the DSTT cards in the beginning and then switched to the R4. For my kids units, I have 2 AceKard 2 (and 1 2i) units (cost about $12 back then - and they are still same price) and have had them for over 3 years in my kids units and they still work like a charm. Cheap knockoffs or not, I really don't mind, as long as they continue to work. I've even updated the firmware on the AceKards, and it didn't fail like most people claim it will on the knockoffs.

Many of the ones sold locally for $20 to $30, are all ordered in bulk from many of the chinese sites.. So if you really think there is a huge difference, then buy locally.

It is definately more convenient, and no waiting time required, that's for sure.

However they are all fake nowadays (not Genuine). It is just fakes of different quality.
When it comes to "Genuine", there is no such thing for the R4 cards, anymore, unless you have one of the original DS Revolutions... The original owners split up early in 2008. It all started with a team successfully producing the first R4 in China where it achieved success. Shortly after, the R4 DS company disassembled with each of the owners continuing the success of the R4 by themselves. Basically, each owner put up their own factories to create their own version of the R4 DS sporting improvements like the support for SDHC cards. The problem is that these units coming from the different factories are all being called the R4 DS with most of them claiming to be genuine. Because different factories are used, the quality of the exterior and interior could vary.

Last edited:
Back