AISA Driving / Race Academy 2012 (ASE & CMP)

Hi everyone! Carl from Perry suggested I invite you guys out to an event at CMP that coincides with the May school at CMP. We run a Gentleman's race series that is a fantastic stepping stone from lapping to wheel to wheel racing. You can get the exhilaration of wheel to wheel racing while having the safety and insurance of point by passing. These are phenomenal events, and are run on the same stadium track you will be trained on. I posted a thread with all the details here: http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?804265-2012-Calabogie-Gentleman-s-GT-Race-Series-AND-Calabogie-Cup&p=8507951#post8507951

Take a look, it is a serious blast, and if anyone is even slightly interested in doing this while you are there, you will not regret it! here are some of the comments from last year....

- Stellar, top shelf and intense. I never lap like that. 10/10ths all the way.
- 10/10ths all the way
- turn 1 through 10 was intense!!
- Awesome event, this was the overall best day in my car ever. I learned so much yesterday it was ridiculous, I can't wait for the next one
- Awesome time!
- Seriously, that was a lot of fun
- I have to do the next event!
- Great time!
- Corner 1/8 is fun this way. It took a while until I figured the line and had the guts not to brake on the way in
it is a FUN Race, and that, it definitely was ... highly recommended!!!
- O M G
- I luv this stuff so much
- The east track is so f@*%!#@ intense
- the short track is making me a better driver and racer, and the intensity is unmatched.
- so awesome. I'm on cloud 9.... A
- Epic racing, hope it looked as fun from the outside as it did from in the car. .
- Such a great race tonight!
- How is EVERYONE not doing these events... Best times at bogie EVER.
- Man I couldn't sleep last night lol, just way too amped up.
- I can't even explain the battle and I had with that mustang. Pushing and pushing, and bacon strips and bacon strips.
- I was so tense at times I was telling myself to relax and be smooth
- I was so pumped on my way home I was flat out in the truck towing LOL
non stop action for me!
- so awesome. Intense ride and some clinchers.
- Can't wait for next year
- Great to hear they're already planning a season for next year! Will definitely be budgeting my season to run these events!

sounds fun! sadly I don't qualify for point #2 :(

2. You and your car must have an average runtime around the full track between 2:19-2:50

That's a nice initiative for CMP...

That's just a general rule of thumb because most people don't have their lap times on the short track yet... We might be able to squeeze you in..., There will be some quick, and getting quicker cars this year, so you might be right in the right realm!

That's just a general rule of thumb because most people don't have their lap times on the short track yet... We might be able to squeeze you in..., There will be some quick, and getting quicker cars this year, so you might be right in the right realm!

In that case I might just try and squeeze in if I decide to go the the academy.

We definitely have a "slower" category. And trust me, the 2:50 on the big track is usually because of a lack of power, on the stadium track, power means a lot less, so thos cars end up being more competitive. So in general we run two glasses, a GT1 and a GT2. Last year we saw a definite split in times, those in the 1:18-1:20 stadium track time, and those in the 1:23 - 1:30 bracket. We expect to see the same this year. I expect good competition and good fun for all participants this year.

In general the 2:19 - 2:50 bracket keeps out the fast race cars, and the extremely slow. Got to keep it safe out there too.

This year if we have enough participants in each time bracket, usually 5+, then there will prizes available for the class winners. And if we have more then two distinct time brackets after qualifying, then we may add more classes at that point too.

This is only in its second season, so there is still some fluidity to the series. But one this is staying constant. Grassroots, and fun.

I've lapped for a half-day at Calabogie (full track) in 2010 but I wasn't signed-off for Solo as there were no instructors. I did the AISA race school at Autodrome St-Eustache last year. Is there a possibility of being signed-off?

That's a tough one, we want experienced people out there to keep it safe (experienced with the track). Would you be willing to come out to a school or lapping event to get signed off before a race? Are you attending the AISA school?

I wasn't planning on it since I initially wanted to keep my 2012 race/lapping budget for Time Attack at St-Eustache and Calabogie is a relatively expensive track to lap at.

Well if you were thinking about doing 3 events in the series, that would give you a free test and tune. On that test and tune date, Apr 28th, we could probably get you signed off that day assuming you are safe etc.etc. Do you have anyone that can vouch for your skills?

I hope we have nice weather this year... I was BBQing last week and surprised myself thinking... "man it feels like I'm at Calabogie with the guys"! Guess the season is due to start soon!

After going over the instructor roster, it seems that we have a 1;1 ratio of students and instructors- well I am happy that my team answered the call.
This does mean that I have opened up a few spots last minute for those who may decide this week.
drop by to sign up.

After going over the instructor roster, it seems that we have a 1;1 ratio of students and instructors- well I am happy that my team answered the call.
This does mean that I have opened up a few spots last minute for those who may decide this week.
drop by to sign up.
Hi Carl. Will you be sending out confirmation and information for those that have sent in registrations for AISA/CMP shortly?

Thanks,
Joel

Back