Event Coverage: Official Montreal Autoshow Pic thread

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0112salon.jpg

J'ai assisté à la journée de presse du Salon de l"Auto aujourd'hui et je vais vous donner un résumé de ce que vous verrez lors du salon. Il y a beaucoup de nouveaux véhicules présents et nous allons passer par chaque fabricant pour en discuter. Pour la section tuning je vais faire une discussion séparé où vous pouvez voter pour votre voiture préférée.

I attended the Montreal Autoshow's press day today and I'm here to give you a summary of what you will see at the show. There are quite a few new vehicles present and we'll go through each manufacturer one by one. For the tuning section I will be making a seperate thread where you can vote on your favorite car.

Full Gallery here:

http://montrealracing.com/vbgallery/browseimages.php?c=1161

Ford

Very nice setup. Some interesting colored Mustangs, lots of Focuses, Edges etc. There is a $70K Harley Davidson F-150 which smells very nice. Ford always has a nice big display.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Lincoln

Lincoln your cars a ugly and boring. You need to do something to make yourself cooler like Cadillac. Renaming all your vehicles to something other than MK$%$ would be a good start. Other than the Navigator I have trouble identifying them.

displayimage.php

Mitsubishi

The Lancer is cool but other than that, a very boring lineup. They relatively are new in Canada so I'll give them a pass.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Lexus

Lexus did an excellent job this year. The LFA made a surprise visit and I was also surpised to see a CT200h "F" (like the IS-F) which I didn't know existed. If I'm surpised I tend to be happy. On the downside the new GS is aweful. The rear looks like a Kia Optima or Toyota Camry. The front is ok but all in all a very boaring looking vehicle.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Suzuki

The Kizashi is a descent car but what the heck else does this company have to offer? A sub compact SX-4. Very boring, very uninteresting.

displayimage.php

Rolls Royce.

Go fuck yourselves. You can't even be bothered to put up a fucking sign, then I can't be bothered to take more than this one pic.

displayimage.php

Porsche

Porsche has a nice, warm and inviting display with all the new 911s. Porsche interiors are second to none as well. This company has it's act together.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Classics

There is a section featuring new and old versions of the same cars. Always interesting to see.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Other Exotics

Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati, Aston Martin all have their usual setups.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat

These guys always seem to have the nicest display every year with lots of vehicles and a beautiful layout. Notables include that blue Jeep and the Charger Super Bee.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Subaru

The new BR-Z is there but it hadn't been unveiled yet so no pic. To be honest the car is so hideous that I'd rather they left it under the cover anyways.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Mazda

Mazda is showing the new CX-5 and a race-prepped 3. Lots of space and lots of vehicles in their booth.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Acura

I don't know what they planed to unveil at Acura. They have one of each car int he lineup to sit in.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Honda

Honda has a Civic and an Accord dressed up as if they were concepts but they are not. It's weird. Their booth is not bad.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Hyundai

Hyundai's booth is massive and well done. Along with Chrysler I have to give them top marks. They have two new unveilings.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Volkswagen

VW has come along way after winning my worst booth award two years ago. Now they actually look like a manufacturer! They have the new Passat, the new Beetle and lots of GTIs.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Nissan / Infiniti

Nissan does a great job with their booth and you can check out the Leaf while you're there.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Kia

The last few years Kia has brought cool concept cars to Montreal and this year is no exception.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Mercedes

They brought everything short of a SLR McLaren to the show including the new C Coupe.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Toyota / Scion

Toyota has their usual setup and the new Camry and a Prius wagon are there. Scion has an interesting display with cars on a platform. Three new unveilings for them.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Jaguar / Land Rover

All the cars have their daytime running LED lights illuminated which is sure to drive many youngsters to get aftermarket ones for their Civics.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

BMW

The new 3-Series is there so be sure to check it out.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Audi

An all white lineup just like last year. No complaints here.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Volvo

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Cadillac

Caddy's booth is unique and very well done.

displayimage.php

Chevy

Also very well done. Lots of cars to sit in.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Originally Posted by DannyITR

Subaru

The new BR-Z is there but it hadn't been unveiled yet so no pic. To be honest the car is so hideous that I'd rather they left it under the cover anyways.

Danny.... Remember what they say about opinions.... Opinions are like assholes everybody's got one!:rant:

Originally Posted by DannyITR

Subaru

Danny.... Remember what they say about opinions.... Opinions are like assholes everybody's got one!:rant:

lol point taken!

Sé des affaire demême et le manque de show hi-hop qui font que défois j'ai l'gout de partir de l'abitibi hahaha

Back