What the Auto Show forgot...

GFuda

Anyone notice that there wasn't a GTR or 370Z in Nissan's showcase of cars. Anyone know why?

one time i went to the car show and saw the 2010 Nissan 370Z. at the same show i also saw a 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe. the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was really nice. The color of the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was white and the interior on the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was sporty and futuristic. soon i hope to purchase a 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe from my local Honda Motor Company dealership.

My name is Tenassi and i live in Laval, Quebec, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way, Universe, and this is how i post on forums.

one time i went to the car show and saw the 2010 Nissan 370Z. at the same show i also saw a 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe. the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was really nice. The color of the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was white and the interior on the 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe was sporty and futuristic. soon i hope to purchase a 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe from my local Honda Motor Company dealership.

My name is Tenassi and i live in Laval, Quebec, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way, Universe, and this is how i post on forums.

I lol'ed! Haha!

Even the slammed Honda Accord V6 slammed with the supercharger, they took of the belt so no one would steal it... WHO'S GONNA BRING TOOLS AND START STEALING BELTS

Even the slammed Honda Accord V6 slammed with the supercharger, they took of the belt so no one would steal it... WHO'S GONNA BRING TOOLS AND START STEALING BELTS

Actually the supercharger wasn't fully bolted and things were in the way of the belt to install it properly. The supercharger was probably installed there only for the show and then removed after.

one time i went to the car show and saw the 2010 nissan 370z. At the same show i also saw a 2010 honda civic si coupe. The 2010 honda civic si coupe was really nice. The color of the 2010 honda civic si coupe was white and the interior on the 2010 honda civic si coupe was sporty and futuristic. Soon i hope to purchase a 2010 honda civic si coupe from my local honda motor company dealership.

My name is tenassi and i live in laval, quebec, canada, north america, planet earth, milky way, universe, and this is how i post on forums.

:eek:

A mon avis c'est plus une grosse salle de montre qu'un véritable salon de l'auto.

Je trouve sa insultant que les compagnies n'ammene pas tout les véhicules. Ils sont incapable d'ammener leur véhicule a MTL?? A la limite un prototype qui ne fonctionne pas au moins pour montrer la shape du char.

Pas de Dart chez Dodge, Pas de 370 ou de GT-R chez Nissan
Aucune voiture de prestige accessible, sa l'aurait été quoi de mettre une Bentley used ou peu importe un char de cette catégorie dans un stand qu'on peut mieux les voir, a la limite pouvoir s'asseoir dedans... Regarder une Bentley a 30 pieds de moi c'est poche en criss. ( mais la fille chez Bentley était solide)

Land Rover, au moins tu pouvais demander a un conseiller de t'ouvrir lintérieur, sa limitait le nombre de petit morveux a jouer dedans et ceux qui voulait les voir de plus près en avait la possibilité.

Chez Chevrolet y'avais une Corvette Grand Sport, une ZR1, une Camaro ZL1, un CTS-V coupé, un CTS-V Wagon, 3 Denali, un Escalade... C'est des véhicules a 80-90-100k+
Pareil chez Audi et Jaguar en nous offrant la possibilité de voir de près les modeles les plus prestigieux.

Je peux comprendre qu'il peut y avoir des bris sur les véhicules mais a mon avis les constructeurs doivent prendre le risque et doivent offrir ce plaisir au consommateur.

They might not have had the 370Z or GTR but the GT Leaf was pretty nice. Personally I'd rather see cars I wouldn't regularly see over ones I can walk into a dealership and view but overall I must agree that the Auto show was MEH. They need more but I think it's most likely the BS French compliance that makes the Montreal auto show crap.

In another note, I love how dressing nicely makes you important. I'm broke as fuck but because I was dressed in a suit (I had an interview) when I walked in to check out the Audis the reps there took my inquiries seriously and even gave me a card. I was like AAAAAHHHH YYEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

also it should be understood the the purpose of the car show, at least when it comes to our smaller international one, is not to have cool cars just so the young kids who can't afford them anyway, can be happy that they looked at the nice car. this is supposed to be one giant dealership essentially and their demographic is adults with real lives and jobs and families.

none of those fucking people are going there to seriously contemplate buying a GTR. and no one would suddenly have that idea sparked "hey i should buy this GTR now!' because they saw it on impulse at the car show. people who want to buy the cars that you're all complaining are missing, go to their local dealer and discuss something in private. outside of the red carpet rooms with the rolls, ferraris and lambos, displaying montreal's local luxury dealers which is admitedly the only display that is truly only there to be gawked at (and the rice room if you wanna count it), the rest is all everyday brands selling their everyday models to everyday people. they don't care about having a group of man-boys in university with no money constantly crowding around the a GTR and cluttering up the whole nissan section and keeping actual prospective buyers from heading into their display because of the 24/7 mass of fanboys who won't be contributing to their sales.

would having these fancy prototypes a-la tokyo detroit munich or paris actually have any global impact in sales, or garner interest from the handful of people that (by comparison) populate montreal. do they need to display their fancy supercars in a town that has winter half the calender year and all of 6 moguls who could afford whatever is being shown off? if laurence stroll needs the latest super car, he's not gathering his info at the fkn car show!

Messemble qu'un expo de meme c'est la pour faire rever. J'vais pas au salon de l'habitation pour voir comment est batit un HLM ni au salon du bateau pour admirer un pedalo en résine de synthese... Tk c'est mon point de vue

DeathFromAbove, those are solid arguments. But even if the everyday consumer will not be buying a 370Z or a GTR anytime soon, I believe that by at least bringing one to show to the public it would have served to demonstrate their ability of making such an awesome car and that it could only help garner more attention and make them seem like the solid brand they are, the one that can provide everyday people with their everyday needs, and people with more means with what they want too.

Back