Post your watch collection

here is my little contribution to the thread...

d2b1f87670f811e2a96422000a1fbc12_7.jpg

and

Submariner Ceramic Bezel:

50523065_437564_full.jpg

Gold Day Date coming soon...
Never seen a Sub-c with polished center links.

thats juste light reflection, it cause confusion I agree, even looks the same on the Rolex website:

link1vq.jpg

your right the sub never been out this way, the only possible way to have polished center links is it you put a GMT master 2 bracelet on it like this:

IMG_5099-1.jpg

aware me guys... is TW steel a good brand? what about the quality? How is it compared to citizen watches
My personal opinion is this. Tw steel is an oversized fashion watch. The big watch fad is almost dead unless you have tribal tattoos. Citizen and seiko make fantastic watches. If I was buying something for under 500$. It be that . Over 500$-1000~ I'd buy a Hamilton. My max size is 42mm. I can see 43mm being "ok" if it's light and thin and you have big wrists. Good luck and post what you bought

My personal opinion is this. Tw steel is an oversized fashion watch. The big watch fad is almost dead unless you have tribal tattoos. Citizen and seiko make fantastic watches. If I was buying something for under 500$. It be that . Over 500$-1000~ I'd buy a Hamilton. My max size is 42mm. I can see 43mm being "ok" if it's light and thin and you have big wrists. Good luck and post what you bought
Thanks man. There was a sale at the bay and i kinda liked some tw steel watches. But all my friends tell me that for the price, there are way better watches. Btw i have big hands/wrists so i didnt find them too big lol. Bit ill pass and buy something nicer later!

im owning a citizen and its a pretty well build watch, im wearing mine everyday for 2 years and half and still going #1 ! and with the eco drive technology you dont need to change the battery in it !

Seiko has more "pedigree" than Citizen. This one seems like a better deal to me, but at this price point I think it's rather a question of taste/look. Take a look at the Bulova Precisionnist, very hard to beat for the money, and the high BPM is a nice feature.

Seiko has more "pedigree" than Citizen. This one seems like a better deal to me, but at this price point I think it's rather a question of taste/look. Take a look at the Bulova Precisionnist, very hard to beat for the money, and the high BPM is a nice feature.

the precisionist is cool but its sooo damn thick. I'd take a seiko over a citizen but this is just personal choice. both are fantastic everyday watches

If you ever sell that one, LET ME KNOW !

I think I'm going to have this one 'till the end of days...Just keep on looking at ebay, do a little homework so you know what to look for. In longines anything before the swatch buyout is good. So 30s-40s-50s-60s and 70s are all fine. Manual wind or automatic are both really nice, I don't like quartz personally on a vintage watch. Just look for something that the hands and dial all look pretty much the same age with the same wear. I bought just the head, put it on a strap I had lying around and I regulated it since it was running way too fast. Now it runs at about -3secs and I'm cool with that..close enough. They seem to be going for more money than usual, still less than vintage Omega and I think the quality is very similar. But prices are rising unfortunately. Good luck, I'm not a super expert on them but if you see one you like , let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Back