Post your watch collection

Last edited:
You obviously know quite a bit about the used Rolex market, what do you think about a Milgauss 116400GV as long term purchase?

Will it hold its value if i ever need to sell it some day, does it have any chance to appreciate and s it a somewhat desirable watch?

If you are buying with resale in mind, this is not the best choice to say the least. To me, this is an ugly Rolex in any event. As a long term purchase, I would buy a Hulk Submariner, a Batman GMT or a SS Daytona.

If you are buying with resale in mind, this is not the best choice to say the least. To me, this is an ugly Rolex in any event. As a long term purchase, I would buy a Hulk Submariner, a Batman GMT or a SS Daytona.

I wouldnt be buying with resale in mind, i really like the watch but i like to know that i also wouldnt be losing in the long run if i ever decide i need to sell it

I wouldnt be buying with resale in mind, i really like the watch but i like to know that i also wouldnt be losing in the long run if i ever decide i need to sell it

If you like the watch, you should just buy it then. Any Rolex is usually a safe bet in terms of value. Rolex, Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet are typically no-brainers.

This is excactly what I mentioned before . Silverviper has a few rolexes and he would never buy one , your market is more niche even though it's a Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it's a speedmaster pro not really. I've been offered some real nice examples at prices really below what the market is asking for .

Really? My railmaster still hold the original price tag! My SMP pro (golden eyes) still hold value in the last 5 years!

Really? My railmaster still hold the original price tag! My SMP pro (golden eyes) still hold value in the last 5 years!

Firstly the railmaster is a really nice watch.
Now I was offered a 2531.80 that's the automatic version... in Goldeneye he actually wore a quartz .. anyways he had it on sale for a while for at about 1800$ full box papers and the watch was in good shape . Couldnt sell it . Asked me if I wanted it for 1000$ since he was offered was even lower than that. I passed on the deal to a friend.
What you see on sites and forums are just asking prices , things get sold for pretty cheap unless it's something really desirable

What you see in the pictures also may not be the watch when you get there lol... but if you're looking for a blue face submariner those only come with the date and with gold either 2tone or full gold . As far as collectibility goes 2tones aren't something that's very desirable . All stainless subs will hold their value better . That all said a nice 2 tone you can get in the 8grand range or about

Thanks.

Sounds weird because you don't know me but if one day I find a Rolex locally, would you come check it out with me? I'll pay you beer or lunch lol (no homo)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Firstly the railmaster is a really nice watch.
Now I was offered a 2531.80 that's the automatic version... in Goldeneye he actually wore a quartz .. anyways he had it on sale for a while for at about 1800$ full box papers and the watch was in good shape . Couldnt sell it . Asked me if I wanted it for 1000$ since he was offered was even lower than that. I passed on the deal to a friend.
What you see on sites and forums are just asking prices , things get sold for pretty cheap unless it's something really desirable

I got the quartz version in 9.5/10 condition and one I wear everyday (quartz too)

Thanks.

Sounds weird because you don't know me but if one day I find a Rolex locally, would you come check it out with me? I'll pay you beer or lunch lol (no homo)

Sure , but ideally go to a watchmaker and have him open it. You can have 2 identical watches side by side and one is clean inside and one full of gunk, chinease parts etc . But sure If anything comes your way let me know

I just picked up a Rolex submariner date ceramic, for 6800$ with no box. But came with appraisal from Paul H. And he said will polish it for free. I think it was a pretty wicked deal since I can pick up a full box set for about 300$ and then can get 8k any day for it. Just one more to add to my collection :)

I just picked up a Rolex submariner date ceramic, for 6800$ with no box. But came with appraisal from Paul H. And he said will polish it for free. I think it was a pretty wicked deal since I can pick up a full box set for about 300$ and then can get 8k any day for it. Just one more to add to my collection :)

No box and no papers?

Don't polish the case. Nice watch , post a pic when you get it

Yes no box nor warranty card. Dont see it as a big deal...
I mean brush out all the scratches, obviously not gonna polish a sub. I have 6 Breitling, pretty sure I have enough bling watches.

How do you guys like Christopher Ward watches price/quality wise?

Back