What happens to cars once insurance VGAs them?

EV

I ran a carfax on my Civic which died on October 21st, 2010 and it says I'm the last owner but a SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE was issued...

Where would the car be? I was with Desjardins... I thought they'd auction it, but it seems as though after over a year they haven't...

I ran a carfax on my Civic which died on October 21st, 2010 and it says I'm the last owner but a SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE was issued...

Where would the car be? I was with Desjardins... I thought they'd auction it, but it seems as though after over a year they haven't...

x2
its mostly a salvage title to auction.... if the car is for parting it will stay in a salvage title,,,but it could also be rebuilt a have a rebuilt or recontruit ...title

20091229-130607-d.jpg

They auction it.
That's what happened to my old bike.
They took it from my driveway direct to the auction.
Then someone bought it, repaired it, and ended up back on the road. (Found it for sale on Lespac)
I actually sold some leftover parts to the 2nd owner (4th owner total) after me.

You guys aren't understanding the question:

Where physically in the world is it? It hasn't been auctioned yet and its been over a year

If some dealer bought it and fixed it but it didn't pass inspection yet it would still say salvaged/VGA and show you as the last owner...if no sutil was done.

You guys aren't understanding the question:

Where physically in the world is it? It hasn't been auctioned yet and its been over a year

Well id check with who towed it when u crashed? It went there first, after that it probably got sold to an auction place, or scrap yard, so if you really want to find it you might want to start there.

Otherwise It got crushed and nobody bothered to tell the saaq, I'm sure my accord is still listed as stored according to saaq, even though it's in a bunch of small bits

Salvage title to auction, most likely Impact in Les Cedres and it was sold for parts/VIN number. Everything in QC get's a salvage title right away due to the massive amount of fraud.

Quand le véhicule est déclaré perte totale. On demande une autorisation de prise en charge à l'assuré. Le lendemain une compagnie avec qui l'assureur fait affaire (phauto-pak,Impact Progi-Pak) s'occupe d'aller ramasser le véhicule et de vendre les débris pour l'assureur. So l'assureur ramasse le cash qu'il a fait en vendant ton char. Parfois, c'est pas bcp dépendamment de ce qu'il reste sur le véhicule. On parle de 200 à 5000$ après tous les frais de remisage,remorquage etc... Il y a aussi des compagnies qui les rachètent pour les remonter et les vendent par la suite comme Optik auto.

Well id check with who towed it when u crashed? It went there first, after that it probably got sold to an auction place, or scrap yard, so if you really want to find it you might want to start there.

Otherwise It got crushed and nobody bothered to tell the saaq, I'm sure my accord is still listed as stored according to saaq, even though it's in a bunch of small bits

Burstall towed it, it left the burstall lot a week later and I've never seen it again. Car was in really good condition and was low KMs, I sorta doubt it got crushed

I wanna find it and buy something off of it

Back