Feature Article: MontrealRacing's Top Ten TV and Movie Cars

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Over the decades many cars have been made famous by TV shows and movies. We've compiled a list of cars that immediately make you think of the movie they were in whenever you see them in photos or on the road. Here they are in descending order.

Au cours des décennies de nombreuses voitures ont été rendu célèbre par des émissions de télévision et des films. Nous avons compilé une liste des voitures qui vous font penser immédiatement du film qu'ils étaient dedans.

11. 1974 Dodge Monaco from Blues Brothers

0212_dodge_monaco_blues_brothers.jpg

10. 1970 Dodge Challenger from Vanishing Point.

0212vanish.jpg

9. 2002 Mini Cooper S from The Italian Job

0212mini.jpg

8. 1993 Toyota Supra from Fast & Furious

0212supra.jpg

7. 1977 Pontiac Trans Am from Smokey & The Bandit

0212smokey.jpg

6. 1982 Pontiac Trans Am from Knight Rider

0212knightrider.jpg

5. 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance in Ghostbusters

0212ghost.jpg

4. 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 from Gone in 60 Seconds

0212elenor.jpg

3. 1968 Ford Mustang 390 from Bullit

0212bullit.jpg

2. DeLorean DMC-12 from Back to the Future

0212delorean.jpg

1. 1969 Charger General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard

0212charger.jpg

#1 fail, not a charger! It's a monoco.

the general lee in that picture is missing its pushbar. In any case, that's my vote.

The General Lee in the photo should have a push bar, and also should not have any tire markings. It's someone's replica from present time.

That is a superb compilation of classic video. Especially the Buford Justice piece.

Peugeot 406 of Daniel in Taxi 1-3
The Lincoln Towncar From heat
Jackie Chan's Evo 3 From Thunderbolt.
Jackie Chan's Evo 4 and Pajero Raid from Who am I.

Last edited:
Weird list. Cool idea though.

je dirais plutot Tres Mauvaise liste
le remake de italian job etait un film minable meme chose pour le remake gone in 60 seconds
fast and furious l'eclipse archi laid vert est plus iconique que le supra
et effectivement le Challenger de Vanishing point merite sa place de meme que la aston martin de Goldfinger

iam very disapointed missing the best one

Indeed the 1970 Challenger from Vanishing Point should have made the list and I've updated it accordingly at put it at number ten. I put it at ten because while the scene itself was iconic, when you see the car I don't think you necessarily think about the movie right away.

and the Audi from Ronin

The Audi S8 from Ronin did not make the list because while the chase scene is iconic, when you see a 1998 Audi S8 on the road, Ronin doesn't immediately come to mind. The film didn't make the car famous in other words.

fast and furious l'eclipse archi laid vert est plus iconique que le supra

Je ne suis pas d'accord. Fast & Furious made the Supra for this generation. Je pense immediatement au film quand je la vois sur la route. L'Eclipse pas vraiment.

Back