LF Upgrade Intercooler Kit 2000 Jetta 1.8T

Dom what is your number based on as I am not out to throw money away.
Crazygreek are you listening to hype about FMIC performance or do you have some real independant test data.

Companies trying to sell $1000 plus kits will always have great numbers; I come across this type of marketing twist all the time in the aerospace industry (diferent test method/parameters and BAM the thing does miraculous things beyond the laws of physics).

To depends what u want

On k03/k03s/k04, stock IC make the job

If u go gt28 and more u need upgraded IC

IC is a lot of money, specially if u don't need it!!

Got a Forge DV, Will be adding a Forge Carbon Fiber CAI (Running a K&N Drop In), Neuspeed Chip, and have a Magnaflow 2.25 with CAT Less DP (I would like to have a CAT) to go on this spring (was running stock pipes with VW Motorsports [Remus] axel back).

Last edited:
U should change ur neuspeed chip, for a Unitronic stage2, u will see a good difference!!

Turbo inlet pipe, help also

Then u can put IC, but i m not sure if u can feel the difference...

Or go to stg2+, with K04, good improuvement!!!

Oh yeh I have an Turbo Inlet Pipe and lower pancake pipe (nuespeed Round). Got their chip as the others at that time were not smooth and were plaged with reliability issues; it has been rock solid and no issues with the engine or clutch (have an upgrade waiting to go in with fly-wheel etc) but I only have 85K on it and run only the best Motul fluids period!

Was looking at K04 but they do not give a great deal more power just a bit more over a larger RPM range; I already feel that I am out of gears so that is why i am hesitating. Do Unitronic make a K04 chip for the 2000 AWD engine code as it does not need all the TT225 stuff the newer engines need, like injectors etc.

Don't waste your time and money with a crappy K04. Go GT28RS at least which is close to the same price. As for intercooler, fmic on a ko3 is just stupid. You create a lot of lag because you have to fill the intercooler with air before it gets to your engine. Personally I have a bfi smic along with a kinetic exhaust manifold. The TIP makes a good difference in the high rpm, the pancake pipe is another marketing scam. I had a 007 dv valve which I removed for the stock one. And I have 100000km on that setup with X+ programing.

Yeh been around this subject for a long time and just can not find the right combo with a good price and reliability. Like I said the car is rock solid and runs perfect with the exhaust and intake it should sound nicer and give a couple of HP.

Just get a bigger smic like Tyrolsport or BF, match it with a kinetic exhaust manifold and a city jetta fender liner and call it a day.

Back