1999 Golf 2.0 Brake Line Replacement

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
How hard is it to change the solid line to the pasenger rear brake drum. Is this a pre-formed part and what will it cost.
Level of difficulty?

Auto parts store, buy the length you need, buy a bender with a flare kit and go at it. Its time consuming but not that hard.

Any Idea on the fitting that I need?
Also I was told I can block off the channel at the Master Cylinder but need a special bolt (so I can drive the POS to be fixed). Do you know what the spec on that would be; called a dealer and Canadian Tire but no luck (could be for liability reasons that they do not want to tell me).

remove section of line that needs to be replaced..bring the fittings to napa..they will match them..and buy there brake line they sell..its a new type of line which can be formed by hand VERY EASILY and does not kink line regulare brake line does.. i re-did every single line on my mk2 from this and it was mint. they will also prob have the flaring tool you need.

Are these cheeper than the dealer?
The dealer cautioned me to be carefull with the fuel line that is held in the same bracket.

ALSO looking for a pressure bleed kit!

Last edited:
lol the fuel lines are completely on the other side of the car, dealers talk out of their asses... once you've done the flares it shouldnt take more than 20 min to install, that line has almost no bends. gl

Yeh I do not pay attention to their BS but have never had the car on a lift yet.
Just figuring out the transport and then I will get her done.

Bigest part is the bleed after as I have no equipment for that.

So the car is maybe beyond worth it to fix for a couple of weeks of winter but if I can find the spec on the fitting I can put that bolt in and drive it with 3 channels just to get to work. Any one know where I can get that?

After that I will have a 1999 Golf Wolf for parts, engine and everything else works well just rusted up! GTI tinted tails, fogs etc up for sale!!

if your going to do that then just snip the line about 6 inches after the master and kink the line 3-4 times..call it a day

no issue there as i asked the question first.
This is more so I can get it home and then sell it off!

Back