Best place for exhaust system?

I had one made by crx_dohc on the forum his name is stephane really good guy, good service, great price, never had a problem with any part of the exhaust. He has lots of options for brands, materials, bends, welds etc.

MTV, to the best of my knowledge, we have never "fucked up" anyone's piping. I do not remember your car but if you are dissatisfied with our work, please call us and we will absolutely fix it. Remember, we guarantee everything we do for life.
If you can't make it to the shop, please post pics of your exhaust and I'll let you know what we can do.
On the other hand, if I don't remember you because you have never been here and your just another one of od_man99's buddies (you have a quote from him in your sig) , then we may not be able to help you.
I think the numerous pics we have posted on MR and on our site ( http://www.rawtekinc.com/Photo Gallery.html ) prove that we do good work and that we know how to weld.

Car is long gone. Argi knows it... dark blue Jetta.. VR6 turbo with a GT40 .... but wtv I'm over it.

Despite the work, I even sent my friend over to you guys with a B8 S4 when you were looking for one to get a prototype exhaust done.

Deal was he pays for materials and gets the exhaust work done free of charge. You guys wanted $900... which he agreed to pay. But wanted a before and after dyno... and you guys wouldn't even do that...

Just not the best in my experience. But hey, that's business.. can't satisfy everyone

who says that Rawtek suck or does a bad job are just plain stupid
with their quality of welding and from what ive seen , they seem to backup their product quite nicely

I went there 3 time for my exhaust

The first time was to add an X-Pipe to replace my weak OEM Y-pipe
Then I went back there for the rest of the exhaust (prototype muffler)
then my 3rd time was to allow them to work on the prototype muffler for 2x new side plate ,,
and you want to hear something ? they didnt even charge me anything to change the setup on the prototype muffler.

oh I even forgot ! they are the one who made my custom CAI which I receive so many good feedback on the370z.com

Im even thinking of going back there probably at the end of this summer for a new complete exhaust to what im looking for ! depending of my 2012 race budget !
if not early 2013 at the latest.

^^ Funny you mention you weren't charged!

When I brought my jetta back to get the intake redone (Since the 1st time they placed the maf right at a corner... a maf should never be at a place where airflow goes through a bend), they charged me for it!!!

From what I saw on the site, all this neg talk won't effect my choice to go see what thay can do for me. I just found out my friend got his 3000GT done there and I liked how his car sounded when I was in it.

Pour ce qui en est de ma voiture, RAWTEK a fabriqué et installé un exhaust manifold (header) et un système d'échappement complet personnalisés. Mon intervention n'est pas pour vanter la qualité de travail déjà maintes fois exprimées. Mais plutôt pour confirmer que les gars derrière RAWTEK sont d'affaires. Ils offre un excellent service et le contact client est facile avec eux: ils sont à l'écoute de leurs clients et apportent ouvertement des solutions bien définies pour satisfaire leurs clients. Je suis un client entièrement satisfait par RAWTEK.

Remaining completely neutral since I haven't been to any of these exhaust shops, but I've heard multiple stories with negative feedback about rawtek (not from MTV or Odman).

J'ai fait arrangé ma ligne chez rawtek l'été passé. Je pouvais juste aller chercher le char tard le soir 20h et il ma laissé utilisé ses outils pour reviser une ligne a gaz qui avais été lousser durant l'entreposage du char, ma même bosster parce que ma batterie était carrément a terre.
Tout sa pour dire j'ai eu un excellent service.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
MTV, I honestly do not remember your car. Do you have pics or an invoice to help me out. We really work hard to avoid having dissatisfied customers. You are obviously unhappy with us so I would like to find out what happened. I tried to call you yesterday but got no answer. Could you call the shop when you have a second? It won't take long, I just need a couple of minutes to figure out what went wrong and if there is anything we can do to make it right. Thanks

Had several things done by these guys from supercharger install to intercooler and piping. I have seen 5+ cars worked on with absolutely no headache even with me being a complete perfectionist. Rico and co. do amazing work hands down!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
MTV, I honestly do not remember your car. Do you have pics or an invoice to help me out. We really work hard to avoid having dissatisfied customers. You are obviously unhappy with us so I would like to find out what happened. I tried to call you yesterday but got no answer. Could you call the shop when you have a second? It won't take long, I just need a couple of minutes to figure out what went wrong and if there is anything we can do to make it right. Thanks

I remember that guy.

MTV referred him, he was a super nice guy (as always when MTV refers someone). We checked out the car and quoted him 900$ for parts, and we keep his car for two days to build the exhaust (usually the amount of time it takes for a full dual exhaust). However when I gave him the price quote, his reaction led me to believe that he expected to pay much less than that. He gave the project a green light, but called me a little later on and asked us to include two free dyno sessions to get before and after HP figures.

Unfortunetaly Rawtek doesn't have a dyno, so doing two dyno sessions meant driving his car (liability) across MTL to another shop twice. We didn't have the ressources available to send someone out for nearly two half days to get him his dyno numbers, and also meant one car isn't being worked on in the meantime. He didn't want to pay for the dyno sessions himself (we didn't need the dyno sessions anyway) so the project fell through and that was that.

I find it unfortunate that people can give negative feedback when nothing actually went wrong. The guy just didn't agree with Rawtek's policy, but he wasn't charged a dime, and the offer that was on the table was more than reasonable.

I don't know what he did afterwards, but the cheapest exhaust I've seen for a B8 Audi S4 is from APR and it costs 2349$ USD + shipping and installation, so I'm guessing he shelled out an absurd amount of money for an exhaust, or he's still running the stock one...

So just to wrap up, the only complaints are either people who weren't even charged a single dime (od_man and MTV's friend), and a client who actually had an issue (it happens) but never actually brought the car in to take advantage of his LIFETIME WARRANTY (MTV).

Last edited:
Actually, I know a member who got good work done there, Darkfenix, it was very good quality job, very nicely done and it lasted the entire life of the car.

My issue is the their attitude and look how they treat ppl. As soon as you aren't happy with their work it's the tough guy attitude. I don't like to say bad things about local shops because I don't like to see the tuning scene degrade.

I'm sure they do very good work, just stay on their good side and if you like to linger around your car, it's not the good shop for you.

Actually, I know a member who got good work done there, Darkfenix, it was very good quality job, very nicely done and it lasted the entire life of the car.

My issue is the their attitude and look how they treat ppl. As soon as you aren't happy with their work it's the tough guy attitude. I don't like to say bad things about local shops because I don't like to see the tuning scene degrade.

I'm sure they do very good work, just stay on their good side and if you like to linger around your car, it's not the good shop for you.

I agree with the last part. Clients hanging around the bays is a PITA for any mechanic. Business wise, productivity goes down significantly, and quality takes a hit also. Everytime a mechanic moves around they have to not only consider your tools lying around but the client hanging around behind you, let alone the verbal distraction. It's an added stress and takes attention away from what's important, doing a good job. I don't know many welders that work with somebody breathing down their neck...

I understand the tuning community is a tight family, and I when I was in the industry, I felt that alot of clients would consider visiting the shops (Strasse and Rawtek) as a social event, an occasion to tell me absolutely everything they did to their car, what they want to do, and all the ''deals'' they got, while getting an oil change done... It's normal, we all dream about having an awesome car, and not alot of our friends and family share the same passion, so when visiting a tuning shop it's an occasion for some to share this passion. I was happy to talk to the clients, and it was my job to do so, but it's extremely time consuming and I know for a fact alot of the shops that close down lack the discipline some of the longer running shops have in regards to client policy hanging around the bays.

The guys at Rawtek put windows in the waiting room, so you can watch while they work, a playstation with dozens of games, about a thousands DVD's, the most adorable Basset hound called Molly, and if anything comes up you're welcome to go interrupt the guys in the bay, but hanging around the car for 6 hours is only going to impact the quality of the work and your final bill negatively...

BTW I'm saying this as a regular Joe who's had his share of experience in the industry. I don't work in the automobile industry anymore, but I have a great admiration for professionals like the guys at Rawtek, and this is why I defend them in threads like this. They put in so much hard work, I saw those guys work 18 hours a day to get cars done in time, and put in extra hours without charging extra over the initial quote just do get the job done properly. It really saddens me when they get dragged through the dirt for absolutely no reason,

Damn, Dubweiser lays it down everytime.

Although I wasn't satisfied... the fact you guys are willing to make it right some 2-3 years later is awesome.
Keep up the hard work guys! I'll keep my opinions to myself regarding the matter. *tu*

Gotta give it to Dubweiser for laying it out right and the props to Rawtek for quality work. I have heard nothing but good comments about the shop but have personally never been. Was never comfortable enough to dish out a grand and over for a full exhaust but of course I understand that you have to pay to play.

This whole thing sounds like a customer coming in and wanting his work to be instantly given maximum priority for a minuscule budget and then nit picks to bash. :(

Back