Your PRs?

Even with the mixed grip, I can't hold on properly and when it slips... so does my confidence lol. Anyway, problem solved.

I ended up trying and looking for weight that suits me, ended up at 315lbs 3x5. Incoming sore back tomorrow morning.

did do back flies and back raises before and after as usual

Been starting to do deadlifts, I'm so scared of hurting my back though. Watched 23984723874 vids to try and get the technique, but its tough. Shit it makes me sweat though even with light weight

Ok I was sore in the morning after yesterday but stretched it out and just did 365 lbs 3x3 deads... Am I going at it too hard? lol

Been starting to do deadlifts, I'm so scared of hurting my back though. Watched 23984723874 vids to try and get the technique, but its tough. Shit it makes me sweat though even with light weight

videotape yourself doing the lift, it really helps. put the cam at like a 15deg angle from the side and look for the key elements of a proper lift: i.e. shoulders back, neutral spine, back flat. The minute you hollow out your lower back you begin to seriously risk injury. same goes for keeping a neutral spine. dont look up during the lift, keep your head straight and aligned with your torso. pack your chin too, (same thought as creating a double chin). it helps keep the head in position and actually engages muscles in the neck that help stabilize your core.

Another important thing to remember is... Keep the god damn bar close to your shins. Literally like an inch away and once you start pulling, scrape your shins if you have to. Once you clear your knees, tighten your ass muscles (no homo) and move your hips forward instead of trying to pull.

Another important thing to remember is... Keep the god damn bar close to your shins. Literally like an inch away and once you start pulling, scrape your shins if you have to. Once you clear your knees, tighten your ass muscles (no homo) and move your hips forward instead of trying to pull.

YES this also. bar close to legs, always.

And one last thing, don't fucking do the douche bag extend at the top of the lift. You don't need to fucking lean back tabarnak. Powerlifters in competitions sometimes do this shit to show the judges they've past the required mark. Doing this can be dangerous for you.

chest 95lbs x 6 reps (incline dumbell presses. I cannot do flat bench anymore due to bad shoulders)
Squat 225lbs x 8 reps
Deadlifts 245lbs x 8 reps

dont look up during the lift, keep your head straight and aligned with your torso. pack your chin too, (same thought as creating a double chin). it helps keep the head in position and actually engages muscles in the neck that help stabilize your core.

bad advice, just cause it's written in starting strength doesn't make it right
keeping your head up will keep your chest up to counter the upper back from caving in which goes first before the lower back

it also helps to pull back, ie keeping the bar close to the shins, keeping your head down is a great way to have the weight drift forward and place a greater lever arm on the lower back...

keep your head up!

^ agreed. Do you know about the fundamentals of weightlifting?

I dunno what you guys are talking about. I was looking for the weight that suits me and now ill stick to it. Typical mentality of making shit out more complicated than it really is, just as for that protein shake thread . Just eat healthy and move your muscles. No rocket science

I dunno what you guys are talking about. I was looking for the weight that suits me and now ill stick to it. Typical mentality of making shit out more complicated than it really is, just as for that protein shake thread . Just eat healthy and move your muscles. No rocket science

I just read this page and not the whole thread but i think they were referring to the fact that ur doing deadlifts 2 days in a row.

Im no expert but i think you should be doing deadlifts once a week when going very heavy. Your muscles need to rest to grow and not injure yourself

I just read this page and not the whole thread but i think they were referring to the fact that ur doing deadlifts 2 days in a row.

Im no expert but i think you should be doing deadlifts once a week when going very heavy. Your muscles need to rest to grow and not injure yourself

Yeah i know that dude np. I was just looking for the suitable weight, i always alternate the muscle groups to allow sufficient time for tissue reconstruction. Those guys are just attacking me with douchebaggery which is alright. Rocc is coolly though for giving me some useful pointers. No worries

The way i do deadlifts is like so. I start from the floor , when on top hold my breath , go down to below my knee cap , go back up and exhale . Oh ya and like mentioned before i lift the bar stuck to my legs.

Now im wondering does using straps and a belt reduce anything ? Is it cheating ? are we suppose to be deadlifting 3 or 4 plates without the belt and straps ?

Back