Looking into an E46 325 or 330

'90BORA2.0

what are the pros and cons of each motor?

what is a better car:
325ci M package
2006 130k km

or

330ci premium package
2004 120k km

both going for 14k$

prend le plus propre....

J'irais avec le 325CI.. 2 hivers de moins dans le corps.

Ca marche un peu plus une 330 mais pas pour que ca vaille la peine.

get the one with sports pack, and bargain that price I paid almost half that for my 2001 132k km!

Tu as une voiture avec un moteur de 2.5L versus un 3 litres qui ont la même consommation d'essence et le même coût de maintenance.. J'ai fait mon choix.
Dans tous les cas, assure-toi de demander au vendeur s'il a changé son système de cooling parce que je peux t'assurer que s'il ne la pas fait, c'est bientôt à faire.
Et négocie le prix!

Which color do you like better? Which one seems in better shape?

As long as its not a 320, you're fine. :p

M package is with the Mtech2 bumper kit right? If so you just sold me to the 325 as long as it has sport seats as well :)

prend le plus propre....

J'irais avec le 325CI.. 2 hivers de moins dans le corps.

Ca marche un peu plus une 330 mais pas pour que ca vaille la peine.

not looking for power, I drive a 400hp gold say summer car, looking for comfort and luxury at a,good price, are BMWs reliable cars if the scheduled maintenance were done? at that mileage what should be looking for(130k km)?

Tu as une voiture avec un moteur de 2.5L versus un 3 litres qui ont la même consommation d'essence et le même coût de maintenance.. J'ai fait mon choix.
Dans tous les cas, assure-toi de demander au vendeur s'il a changé son système de cooling parce que je peux t'assurer que s'il ne la pas fait, c'est bientôt à faire.
Et négocie le prix!

system de cooling , c'implique quoi exactement? quels pièces?

je pense tu es le seul qui trouve les pre facelift plus beau

Nah, je préfère les pre-facelift. La M3 e46 n'a pas subi le facelift non plus et IMO c'est le meilleur look.

system de cooling , c'implique quoi exactement? quels pièces?

Expansion tank, water pump, thermostat, lower & upper radiator hose. Le cooling system c'est le principal problème sur les e46.
Sinon assure-toi que la maintenance est à jour et tu devrais être en business.

For any E46, especially one that may have been driven hard, you want to have a good BMW shop check the rear floor where the subframe mounts to the body.

This is aweak point on the E46 chassis and an abusive driver will do some serious damage.

If this is ok, move on to service history. Look for fluid changes.

Check the Power steering pump and rack for leaks.

Check the cooling system: tank, pump, hoses for age. They are consumables on the E46 with a life expectancy of 100 to 120 kkm. Replacement is cheap, failure is VERY expensive.

Control arms tend to be weak and so are the lower control arm bushings.

Last but not least, the rear trailing arm bushings.

Take care of her and you will enjoy a wonderful drive for Avery long time. The cars are very solidly built and 2004+ have most of the issues ironed out.

The sedan may have an outstanding recall on the real lights. If the owner does not know what you are talking about, it means the car has not been back to BMW in a long time ...

Finally, 325 or 330: who cares !!!

Go for the car that was loved ...

je pense tu es le seul qui trouve les pre facelift plus beau

De quoi tu parle, avec un commentaire comme ca parait tu connais pas grand chose.
Va sur e46fanatics tu va voir de quoi je parle, sur le facelift les fog lights sont des petits cercle dans le bumper... vraiment laid, tout le monde qui en ont un le change pour le mtech2.

I love pre-facelifs, and as stated, has the "same styling" as the M3.

I was searching for months for a 330i pre-facelift sedan.... And the only year they had it was 2001, lol. 2000, it was still a 328, and 2002, it was facelifted.

I love pre-facelifs, and as stated, has the "same styling" as the M3.

I was searching for months for a 330i pre-facelift sedan.... And the only year they had it was 2001, lol. 2000, it was still a 328, and 2002, it was facelifted.

same styling except hood, fender, bumper lol.

Back