SAAQ Winter Tire Exemption - Valid 7 days

Lonestar

MTL MOTO PRO
If you're looking to take ur bike out before march 16th.. here's the link to obtain your winter tire exemption from the SAAQ.
Remember, having an exemption doesnt mean ur allowed to go out riding for fun so be ready with an explanation if u do get pulled over ;)

Winter tire exemption certificate
You may be authorized to drive without winter tires for 7 days by obtaining a winter tire exemption certificate. The Regulation specifies that a certificate may be issued for the following cases:

if the vehicle is used to leave or return to Québec;
when acquiring this vehicle (in cases other than when the owner acquires the vehicle from a dealer) in order to have time to equip it with winter tires;
when putting a stored vehicle back on the road (licencing of a stored vehicle) in order to have time to equip it with winter tires;
when cancelling a lease with a duration of one year or more (termination of a contract);
to allow the return trip to a departure point situated outside Québec of a vehicle rented and registered outside Québec that, upon expiry of the rental period, was left by the renter at a place located in Québec;
to move a vehicle from a dealer's place of business to an auction sale and to allow its return;
to move a vehicle to a sale by court order or to allow its return to the point of departure.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/saaqclic/en/public/winter-tires/index.php

With all the salt and rocks on the road who would take their summer toy out in they re right mind ?

There's like 6 inch of ice right now in my driveway, no way I'm riding my bike before march 15

Well my bike's in storage right now, and i might just bring her home today with this exemption :D
I got a few new parts for her (stainless steel brake lines, new pipe, chain, sprockets, undertail) and am really looking forward to putting them on :D

Vous me donner le gout, je pense ma peter la glace de mon entrer pour faire un chemin pour la moto ce soir. Fait chier, mon entré est plein nord donc c'est toujours a l'ombre.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk

Ouf que j'ai failli sortir le mien a soir... mais plaque de glace dans la montée de mon garage qui m'empechait de sortir...

A la place j'ai fais le changement d'huile de mon miata et j'ai fais le tour du bloc avec woot.

N'oubliez pas votre ti papier!

916d9f90.jpg

trollface.jpg

Any cop who pulls u over nearing spring especially when it's +10 outside for your winter tires is a definite fucktard -> the same kids who got beat up over and over in high school.
Yes, it's against the law.. but use ur goddamn judgement / common sense sometimes!

Mobile tax collection at it's best!

Ah je sais bien mais si t'en pognes un qui veut t'ecoeurer, c'est pas trop long de trouver des choses "illegales" sur le bike meme si jsuis pas mal stock.
L'angle de la plaque en partant lol

ils vous collent tu des ticket avec les exemption ou sa passe toujours en leur foutant sa dans face ?

ils vous collent tu des ticket avec les exemption ou sa passe toujours en leur foutant sa dans face ?

Ca passe, hier j'ai roulé 1 heure, je me suis fais collé 2 fois, la police de mirabel et la SQ.

C'est vraiment des collecteurs de taxes très déterminé.

Meme s'ils voulaient, ils ne peuvent rien faire.
Je pourrais comprendre s'il faisait 0, mais hier a +12, gros soleil et les rues top shape je ne vois pas le but a part de nous faire chier.

Je suis alle a Ottawa, j'ai vu une tonne de bikes sur les routes la-bas et seulement un au QC...

Back