doctors taking on new patients in Montreal

sspikey

Legacy Member
Anyone have ideas on doctors taking on new patients in the Montreal Area? Ideally I am looking for someone younger who isnt an old fart or who has some history working with athletes a lot. I hate sounding like I know more than doctors about athletic related issues when I meet them which with walk in clinics is 99% of the time the case!

Heard of a really good clinic at Sanctuaire. Anyone know about that? Apparently its semi private but I wouldnt mind paying something for above average care.

my Doc retired 2 years ago. Id also like to find someone to take me as a patient. Its really hard tho. Im looking into private clinics now, but it aint free thats for sure.

not sad, simple economics. actually good for people who need immediate help instead of rotting in a waiting room and getting an infection in the doctor's office.

go private, get served faster and with better quality.

Actually not true.

My doctor which we scored with, is covered by medicare, he's the same age i am, but is a canadian doogie howser. You know you have a good doctor when their card has more then like 4 different acronyms :D. Also, we have never waited more then an hour for appointments, the guy is on the ball.

I drive 1.5 hours to Saint Jean to see my doctor. The current shortage of practicing family doctors is disgusting, and its not because there aren't doctors willing to work... it because the government has medicare quotas.

Just wait until you have a child and try to find a pediatrist. Quebec is in serious need of good doctors in all branches (minus dermatology, since its mostly private clinic practices shooting up botox they make mad $$$$).

Given my proximity to the Ontario border I used to drive out to either Hawkesbury, or Alexandria for emergencies, but now people caught on and it's always full too. At least it's been like that all winter.

Incidentally, this winter, although mild weatherwise, was a major PITA for health problems, not only myself but almost everyone I know at work has had to take at least a few sick days, sometimes more and in a row.

Just wait until you have a child and try to find a pediatrist. Quebec is in serious need of good doctors in all branches (minus dermatology, since its mostly private clinic practices shooting up botox they make mad $$$$).

Why did you need a foot doctor after your kid was born?

Yes, it`s a bitch to find a pediatrician. We`re on the south shore and have to go all the way to Westmount!

Anyone have ideas on doctors taking on new patients in the Montreal Area? Ideally I am looking for someone younger who isnt an old fart or who has some history working with athletes a lot. I hate sounding like I know more than doctors about athletic related issues when I meet them which with walk in clinics is 99% of the time the case!

Heard of a really good clinic at Sanctuaire. Anyone know about that? Apparently its semi private but I wouldnt mind paying something for above average care.

Sounds like you need a physiotherapist, not a doctor.

Given my proximity to the Ontario border I used to drive out to either Hawkesbury, or Alexandria for emergencies, but now people caught on and it's always full too. At least it's been like that all winter.

Incidentally, this winter, although mild weatherwise, was a major PITA for health problems, not only myself but almost everyone I know at work has had to take at least a few sick days, sometimes more and in a row.

Yea tell me about it.. I remember the wait at Hawkesbury was an hour, 2 tops. Now forget it.. Everyone caught on

Luckily for me my doctor is also a good friend so I get the hook up all the time. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to take the wait at the clinic. He tells me he will arrive in the morning and there will be a line up of 56-60 people already in line, most of them for common colds and other little ailments..

Back