Gun stuff - forms submission - Quebec side

wshockley

Banned
So I finally discovered where the hell you have to submit the forms for the PAL license. Not SQ. You have to submit it to your local police station.

I was on wild goose chase trying to submit these goddamn forms for over three months. I first went to local police station and they had no clue what I was talking about. They told me to go to the SQ.

So I go to VSQ detachment near my work. They take all the forms and mail them in. Three months later I get the forms back in the mail, because the retards forgot to fill out one of the forms they were supposed to fill out.

So I go back to the same place, they tell me that they can't do anything for me I need to go to my local SQ office. Girl gives me the address to the SQ office.

I went over there today and she told me that I was totally the wrong place. Turns out the SQ doesn't do any of this shit. She instead referred me to my local police station. I opened up my phone and looked it up on google and guess what I already been there three months ago.

So finally I make it to the police station and I meet up with this chick in front and she seemed to know what the hell I was talking about.

So finally my forms are all submitted. By the time I get the gun license, I will have been at this for over seven months.

I'm not saying that getting a gun license or done within 30 minutes like you can in the states is a great idea, but it's certainly better than waiting six or seven months filing endless bullshit paperwork and chasing down a ghost.

Québec gonna Québec

So I finally discovered where the hell you have to submit the forms for the PAL license. Not SQ. You have to submit it to your local police station.

I was on wild goose chase trying to submit these goddamn forms for over three months. I first went to local police station and they had no clue what I was talking about. They told me to go to the SQ.

So I go to VSQ detachment near my work. They take all the forms and mail them in. Three months later I get the forms back in the mail, because the retards forgot to fill out one of the forms they were supposed to fill out.

So I go back to the same place, they tell me that they can't do anything for me I need to go to my local SQ office. Girl gives me the address to the SQ office.

I went over there today and she told me that I was totally the wrong place. Turns out the SQ doesn't do any of this shit. She instead referred me to my local police station. I opened up my phone and looked it up on google and guess what I already been there three months ago.

So finally I make it to the police station and I meet up with this chick in front and she seemed to know what the hell I was talking about.

So finally my forms are all submitted. By the time I get the gun license, I will have been at this for over seven months.

I'm not saying that getting a gun license or done within 30 minutes like you can in the states is a great idea, but it's certainly better than waiting six or seven months filing endless bullshit paperwork and chasing down a ghost.

Québec gonna Québec

You're talking about the normal PAL or the RPAL? Because you don't have to deal with the police at all if you're submitting for the PAL. And why didn't you just ask Od_man, me or any other gun nutz on this forum?!?!?

Rpal

I had a buddy in the army and he said it was local police.

Unfortunately due to the city merger bullshit, police bureaucracy is all over the place.

This whole experience was shit. This is 2012. Why can't the cops submit this shit online. Should not take 7 months to get a fkn gun license.

its been a while, but does it not say on the application at some point to have your local police fill out a certain section and get a reciept from them? I dnt remember gettng a run around, I just went there and all was good!

Back