Road Test: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0312-ford-mustangb.jpg

Back in the ‘60s, Ford engineers and designers came up with a novel idea: taking the mechanical bits of the North American spec Ford Falcon and giving it some stylish new clothes. What they gave birth to was the 1964.5 Ford Mustang, and it proved to be a hit. In the first 18 months of production, Ford sold its millionth Mustang, a record that has yet to be broken by any sports car.

Nowadays, records are set on social media sites, where Ford continues to dominate, with the Mustang being the most popular sports car on Facebook with over 3.6-million “Likes.”
For 2013, much like every other year it seems, Ford is offering its customers a revised Mustang. Will this latest version recapture the sales glory of the original, or will it just be a social media darling? To find out, we traveled to Portland, Ore., to try the updated pony car.

REFRESHED LOOK, ONCE AGAIN

Changes are subtle from a visual perspective, but keen eyes will catch them quickly. For instance, there is a new grille and splitter at the front. There are new functional hood scoops on the GT model, while all versions benefit from body colored rocker panels. LED lights in the front and rear further update the exterior, while the space between the taillights is blacked out, to give the car a more sinister look. Other small changes improve down-force at higher speeds according to the Ford engineers.

2013-Ford-Mustang-GT-driving-back.jpg

Finish it here:

www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/ford/2013-ford-mustang-gt-review-1894.html

I'd love to try driving a new gen Mustang to see what it's like... I'm curious if it still gives you the impression of being a muscle car, or do you feel like you're driving a sports car.

I'd love to try driving a new gen Mustang to see what it's like... I'm curious if it still gives you the impression of being a muscle car, or do you feel like you're driving a sports car.

The stang is a sports car. Challengers and camaros are muscle cars.

1. Dealer meet
2.Convince salesman to take one for a spin
3. Say you're going to buy it
4. Roast tires
5. say you don't like the color and walk away

Je vais avoir la chance d'en conduire une sur la piste Icar de Mirabel avec d'autres pour un mini championat amical... J'ai crissement hate, j'ai jamais chauffé un Mustang de ma vie. J,espere juste qu'elle sera manuelle.

quand j'ai acheté ma Fiesta, j'ai dis que je la prend si je peux essayer une 5.0 2012, alors j'ai faite un road test... le prochain qui va l'acheter risque d'avoir une surprise quand y va voir l'usure des pneus

même si elle se tient bien dans une courbe, le feeling american muscle est encore la
c'est brutal
mais je préfere de loin le son du 4.6L au nouveau 5.0

Je vais avoir la chance d'en conduire une sur la piste Icar de Mirabel avec d'autres pour un mini championat amical... J'ai crissement hate, j'ai jamais chauffé un Mustang de ma vie. J,espere juste qu'elle sera manuelle.

Si tu parle des mustang qui sont à l'école de conduite de Icar, elles sont toutes manuelles je crois. Mais je pense que c'est le modèle avant 2011, avec le V8 moins puissant.

Mustang, Challenger, Camaro = coupe 4 seaters = muscle car
Corvette = 2 seats only = Sport car

The front looks a little tacky but I like the ass. Can't ever get over the interior feel though...

Si tu parle des mustang qui sont à l'école de conduite de Icar, elles sont toutes manuelles je crois. Mais je pense que c'est le modèle avant 2011, avec le V8 moins puissant.

ok cool hate de voir ça. On a un tournoi de Go-Cart d'abord et ensuite de mustang. Une journée complete de course gracieuseté de mon boss.

Back