Shoes for running & lifting (minimalist)

Moneyz

Looking for minimalist shoes that I can use for lifting AND light runs (no more than 10KM). I noticed that along with the new barefoot running and crossfit fads there has been several new shoe models coming out with the characteristics I'm looking for - stable lifting (good heel support), ~4mm drop or less, can be used for running & wide toe-box. Not interested in weightlifting-only shoes...

Been reading reviews of the Reebok Crossfit Nano:

nano-bg-h1-new.jpg

http://www.roguecanada.ca/reebok-real-flex-nano-u-form-men-s-black-tin-grey.php

And the Inov-8 195:

inov8-flite-195.jpg

http://www.inov-8.com/New/UK/Product-View-FLite-195.html

All my lifts are currently below 350lbs, I have wide feet and there's no fucking way I'm going to wear the Vibram Fivefingers. Any advice?

What does the Crossfit crowd use????

^^ stfu.

Your best bet is really the Reebok crossfit shoe. You can probably get it at Reebok Ste-Catherine. Call James. 514-989-7188.
There is also the Reebok Realflex transition. The shoe is more of a minimalist shoe than the crossfit nano, but also provides a bit less lateral support. It's basically a normal realflex (reebok's minimalist shoe), plus a slightly modified outsole for more ground contact and plastic on the sides for added rigidity.

Other brands probably have good shoes but I can't help you with those.

For now, most of my crossfit customers use either the zignano ignite trainer (best in lateral support and shock absorption but not a minimalist shoe), or the realflex transition. The crossfit shoes are a bit harder to find.

Good luck with your Reebok promoting goals of 2012

<3

lol luv u

^^ stfu.

Your best bet is really the Reebok crossfit shoe. You can probably get it at Reebok Ste-Catherine. Call James. 514-989-7188.
There is also the Reebok Realflex transition. The shoe is more of a minimalist shoe than the crossfit nano, but also provides a bit less lateral support. It's basically a normal realflex (reebok's minimalist shoe), plus a slightly modified outsole for more ground contact and plastic on the sides for added rigidity.

Other brands probably have good shoes but I can't help you with those.

For now, most of my crossfit customers use either the zignano ignite trainer (best in lateral support and shock absorption but not a minimalist shoe), or the realflex transition. The crossfit shoes are a bit harder to find.

The crossfit shoes actually won't be in stores until June apparently. They're available online but stock is pretty much all gone, and won't be restocked until June either. they are a great shoe though. I was wearing Nike Free Runs, and actually loved them, but they're way too soft for any kind of lifting. The nanos like you said provide great lateral support and solidity, and are still a little soft inside to make them comfortable for running / jumping/ etc.

I just got the New Balance MX20 and they're awesome. 4mm heel drop, very light, very solid feel.

Thx for the input guys. Nanos are very difficult to find, not only are they not available in stores, they are also out of stock online. I'm getting impatient - might go try on the MX20 considering my second choice, the inov-8, ended up being too narrow for my feet.

Yes Chuck Taylors are the shit! Totally flat. Best shoes for Weightlifing and running.

Its like you walk on the ground with them.

Yes Chuck Taylors are the shit! Totally flat. Best shoes for Weightlifing and running.

Its like you walk on the ground with them.

Attends là...

Courir et weightlifting avec ça:

15trademark-pic1-master1050.jpg

?????????

lolwut j'espère c'est une joke

To the OP, does it absolutely have to be running? Unless you're planning on competing in races and such, I find running to be troublesome, it just fucks up your knees too much.

I find jump rope to be a much more efficient way of achieving the same goals.

lol, courir avec des Converse. Je veux voir ca! Je suis rendu a être capable de courir 10km et j'ose même pas imaginer la douleur aux pieds après avoir couru avec des Chuck Taylor.

Moi je cours 10 km en 1 heure. J'avais rien d’intéressant a dire je voulais juste ployer que je courrais 10 km.

Back