AIM Solo Lap Timers have Arrived!!

Kevin@Perry

Shop Representative
Hey Guys,

The AIM Solo lap-timers have arrived!! Come down to the store and check them out.

We're open Saturday from 9am till 3pm!

2273 Boul Des Laurentides in Laval... We're less than 20 minutes from the West Island or Montreal North... Come check them out!!

Sorry guys!!

It's been absolutely crazy in the store!! For a limited time they are at the match US price of $399!!

I have plenty of units in stock!!

A whole new batch will arrive this week, including the new EVO with G dash logger.

Best prices of the season

A whole new batch will arrive this week, including the new EVO with G dash logger.

Best prices of the season

Hey Carl,

What's this EVO w/ G dash logger thing? Was just on AiM's website and no mention of it... is it an add-on for the Solo?

Also, how much for the suction cup mounts & do you have them in stock?

Thanks!

Seb D.

Hey Carl,

What's this EVO w/ G dash logger thing? Was just on AiM's website and no mention of it... is it an add-on for the Solo?

Also, how much for the suction cup mounts & do you have them in stock?

Thanks!

Seb D.

Not an add on for the Solo.
I do have cups in stock. $49

Some interesting info from the Toronto seminar last week-
my friend from HADA writes this-

Is the AIM Solo DL worth it for old OBDII cars?
I have the answer!

With my Solo DL, as expected, I successfully gathered awesome data channels from a new Scion FRS:
Steering wheel position, brake pressure, throttle position, RPM, coolant Temperature and many many more.

People kept asking me if it's worth getting the more expensive Solo DL that plugs into the OBDII/CAN bus port if they only have an older car.

During the AIM seminar I learned how to configure AIM Solo DL to read older generic OBDII cars. Today I set it up and drove around the block. The following data channels gathered data from my manual transmission 2000 Honda Insight:

OBDII_MAP [mbar] = Manifold Absolute Pressure
OBDII_IAT [Celcius] = Intake Air Temperature
GPS_Speed [Km/hr]
OBDII_Speed [Km/hr]
OBDII_RPM [rpm]
External Battery [V] = Car battery voltage
OBDII_ECT [Celcius] = Engine Coolant Temperature
OBDII_TPS [%] = Throttle Position Sensor
Calculated_Gear [#]
GPS_LatAcc [g] = GPS Lateral Acceleration (cornering Gs)
GPS_LongAcc [g] = GPS Longitudinal Acceleration (acceleration and braking Gs)
GPS_Position Accuracy [m]
GPS_Heading [deg]
GPS_Gyro [deg/s]
GPS_Altitude [m]
GPS_Slope [deg]
Lateral_acc [g] = Accelerometer data showing turning Gs
Longitudinal_a [g] = Accelerometer data showing acceleration and braking Gs
Vertical_acc [g] = Accelerometer data showingVertical Gs (good for rally cars and jumps!)
Internal Battery [V] = Solo DL internal battery voltage
GPS_Nsat [#] = Number of GPS satellites found with good signal strength

Many of the OBDII channels are slower at about 1Hz in the older cars like my Insight, compared to the new cars like Scion FRS that gathers OBDII/CAN data at 10Hz. But valuable data at 1 Hz is enough to get a lot of value out of it when analyzing the car and the driver on the track. The GPS data and G-force data is 10Hz regardless of the car.
In conclusion, I highly recommend the Solo DL over the regular Solo for everyone with any OBDII car (about 1996 model year and newer) that is serious about advanced data acquisition analysis
G

Back