The "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" Thread.

So a few weeks ago Lizzo was on SNL - I had never heard of Lizzo but they played "Truth Hurts" and when I heard it I told my wife and daughter that I was impressed and to watch that she would win a Grammy.

They laughed at me because I'm generally not a fan of big black empowered women's music but this entertained me. Much in the way that Gangnam Style had entertained me 6-7 years ago.

So she goes on and wins a Grammy for best pop solo performance last night only now I decided to look into her music and stuff.

The song Truth Hurts that won a 2020 Grammy last night WAS RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER 2017. That is over two years ago.

WTF?

First of all - it took that song and artist OVER TWO YEARS to become what they are today. That is amazing but furthermore - can you imagine how many other songs and artists there are out there that you and I have never heard of, but that SHOULD be broadcast on radio and TV more than the same old collab crap that's been playing for a decade?

PS Side note about Billie Eilish - I got the same vibe as I got from Lorde when I first heard her stuff. I knew she'd win a Grammy, they love that kind of stuff at those award shows.

Sauf que c'est du drum and bass/dubstep pis c'est du UK

Mais c'est correct d'être ignorant quand tes retardé on te pardonne

C'est toi l'ignorant. Ça sonne comme du EDM américain du début des années 2010, sauf qu'ils ont ajouté des line de drum n bass.
On s'en fout d'où ils viennent. Ils recopient une certaine sonorité qui a été entendu des millions de fois. À croire qu'ils utilisent les mêmes banques de sons et équipements et qu'ils ne se forcent pas trop pour essayer autre chose.

C'est mon opinion, tant pis si ça te froisse.
Je te conseille de changer d'attitude. T'es pire qu'un gamin.

Back