O2 Sensor Help 2000 Jetta 1.8T Engine Code AWD

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
So VAGCOM tells me that the O2 sensor, Heater, CAT is wacked and I have bad idle.
I have another DP with sensors installed (may be rusted in there) of a 2000 Golf but the front one is 5 wire while I have a 4 wire plug.
It has been imposible to get the old one off my downpipe; RED connector 4 wire.

I have two questions,

I had spliced another one on but it may be bad (came off a running car).

1) How can I look at the O2 operation in VAG-COM?
2) Can I wire the 4 pin connector to the 5 wire sensor; if so which one do I not connect?

Also what tool do I need to get the sensor out without killing it (I used a 22mm open wrench) should I heat it?

Thanks

1-the 5 wire is a wide band sensor.. 4 wire is narrow band they are 100% not compatible...
2- splicing together o2 sensor wires are a BIG BIG NO NO...the resistance caused by the splice throws off the readings of the o2 sensor.

get new sensor

Yeh I know the 5 wire is a wide band but had seen some conversions done and was wondering if it is worth it.
Funny you say do not splice as many people have purchased generic O2 sensors and spliced them in; I soldered mine on (WILL RE-TERMINATE WITH BUTT SPLICES AS SOLDERING IS A NO NO) using the same wire lengths and would highly doubt it would change the reading that much. The resolution of these things can not be that good.

Any idea where to get a set as I have been quoted $200 which is just crazy.

Last edited:
I need a cross reference from VW 1K0998262 to Bosch or other Front O2 on an AWD and Rear on AWW.
Also need cross reference from VW 1K0998262Q Rear AWD.
Narrow Band 4 Wire Sensor.

VAGCOM scan showed the sensors operating within normal parameters yet the car still does not accelerate properly. Get some detonation codes any ideas or is the CAT Less pipe no good?

looking for an O2 socket so i can get the other DP installed (it has a CAT) and test again.

Par détonation tu veux dire que tu as des codes de knock sensors? Si t'as du knock, c'est officiel que le char tire pas comme il devrait.... parce que l'ECU recule le timing pour protéger ton moteur...

Well Vag Com gives you a detonation per cylinder so I would imagine it is the knock sensor output.

Back