sr20det with gt28rs MBC not working any one have any ideas?

twitch819

I recently swapped my s13 ca to an sr, shorlt after I noticed all my vacuum lines were hooked up wrong.
Now iv got them sorted out (I think) no boost selanoid, no charcoal canister or any emissions crap. But becasue theres no boost selanoid an no boost controller Im controlling boost with my foot if I lay into it im sitting around 20<+.

I tried installing a turbo xs standard boost controller and how no sucsess with it.
So Theres 3 nipples on the Throttle body (top left, top right and bottom)

Top left goes straight to the BOV
Top right goes to the fuel pressure regulator with a T in that line that runs to my boost gauge as well.
The bottom nipple is BEFORE the throttle plate so it doesn't have any vacuum there, only boost so that is going to wastegate with MBC tied.

I had MBC fully closed and was still spiking into 20s, tried reversing flow of MBC and i got the same result.

I was reading MBC should be from turbo to wastegate but my gt28rs dosent seem to have any vacuum lines on it.

Im not sure where to go next. Any ideas?

As far as i remember, your problem is because you hooked up the wastegate and mbc to the bottom nipple on the TB. Its vaccum and you need boost. Hook it up with a T to one of the top ones and problem solved. (I believe)

i thought both top were vacuum and bottem was just boost because it is before the throttle plate. how ever i could be mistaken

Your doing something very wrong :p.

hookupbc.jpg

mine is a mbc not a ebc and iv got no vac nipple on my ic piping. but if i t in boost controler to same line as fpr and boost guage and go from controller to waste gate and plug the bottem nipple at intake will that work?

should work... Intake ---> MBC ----> WG

(Btw if wastegate is closed = infinite boost, not sure of your comprehension from what you wrote)

should work... Intake ---> MBC ----> WG

(Btw if wastegate is closed = infinite boost)

thats exactly how i have it set up. wastegate moves but feels very stiff. with controller all the way closed, hooked up the way you say its seeming more like bad waste gate rather than installed incorrectly right that would be why im making 20+psi

The ebc and the mbc plug the same way. A line before the the throttle body to the waste gate passing by the BC. If you think the wastegate is dead, try running without it. You shouldn't be able to boost much. Otherwise your wastegate trapdoor might be stuck...

thanks for all info guys this is a lot to work with tomorrow night. ill post up tomorrow night with how it goes if not so well hopefully ill have some more usefull info and i can get some more good feedback from you guys

I once had a blown wastegate diaphragm. The wastegate could not open 20+psi. Try using a vaccumm to see is its ok.

Back