Best scrap yards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of project are you planning? I'd really recommend scrapping the b18b idea, just go with bigger displacement.

always the same plan richie. I'm building the head this summer and the block (forged pistons and rods) in spring/summer 2003.

My set up will look a lot like yours + the nitrous. I'd like to get the B20Z but i've been looking around but didn't really find one....very rare i must say.

In that case I'd recommend getting a B20B for $1000! You'll be fine with the lower compression ratio, and you'd be better off doing it right the first time. Get yourself some real forged pistons & beefy rods, you won't regret it!!

You mean the B20B JDM or the USDM? The usdm have a low compression (8.8:1!) There is no way i'm getting a b20b usdm....

I have no money for forged pistons and forged rods this summer. I want to get a new engine, get the cams in with the new header and then swap it once its all done.

Go to napierville, make 14 second runs N/A and some 13 second runs on the bottle!

Those are my plans! ;)

Well I did mean USDM B20B or JDM B20B since you'll be using NOS, but since you'll only be using it on the track it might make more sense to get the higher compression one. Not all JDM B20B's are 9.6:1, my friend bought a '99 JDM B20B with the LS style intake manifold and it had the P3F pistons in it which makes it an 8.8:1. Bummer. All the dudes on the internet are wrong. Your best bet is to buy a B20Z, thats it!!!

As for not having the money, I hear ya man, but believe me, once you get into it, you start saying "well I'm going this far, why not go this far". i.e. you get cams, then you get convinced you need springs, so you get springs. But retainers are a good idea, so might as well just get them too. Now your getting a valve job & new valve seals etc, it'd be wrong to use stock valves wouldn't it! Your getting headwork, what stage etc... Same goes with the bottom end. Unfortunately my bottom end is stock for this year, but I will be investing in it next winter.

I hear ya too richie...
But building the bottom end this summer is out of the question. But your right, my best bet would be a B20Z but like is aid, if i get a good deal on a B18B with very low mileage i'll get it.

I have to go to nappi soon to see what my old B18A can still do. It's old but for some reason, its pulling harder than last year :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back