2012 Genesis r-spec 5.0

phil101

well I got the car about a month ago but I figured I would post it up anyway. It's the 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan R-spec 5.0, black interior and exterior. v8 429hp 376lb-ft , 0-60mph 4.8 (yes in a stock hyundai) Great car with huge power, no problem passing anyone on the road so far lol, my only complaint is the 8 speed auto tranny can use a new programming, slow downshifts and stuff like that, besides that it's a great ride with every feature you can imagine. It has a smooth ride but the suspension still has enough stiffness to take a corner without flipping over. Fuel economy is great, better then on my chrysler 300 that had a v6. All in all, good bang for the buck in my opinion.

thanks guys.....haha it was the dealer that only wanted to tint the back, the fronts will be tinted soon as always.....ya john I will be down in montreal in july, driving down from edmonton with it so I can take you for a spin

what made you go for the R-spec ? since this isn't as sporty as the 2 door

Well I already owned a coupe before which I did like, however I sold it for my chrysler 300 because I needed something bigger. I then got tired of the 300 but still wanted something that was RWD 4 door and that I could have a bit of fun with on the road. After considering many other cars and almost settling with a g37 sedan 6 speed, hyundai called me when they saw my ad and said they have something I may be interested in lol so ya after driving the r-spec and seeing that it was kind of a limited edtition thing I really wanted it. i don't know about in montreal right now, but I know here in edmonton there are only 2 r-specs and I have the only black one in alberta, for now anyway

raced one last month, I didn't know Brock Lesnar was underneath the hood in this car

That engine makes for a killer car in the RM500 Coupe by RMR

34619_1_1.jpg

34582_1_1.jpg

ya I was surprised on the difference between the 5.0 and 4.6 which was a huge selling point. but without a doubt if you are looking for a luxury sedan with a smooth ride but that will still take almost anything on the highway, then it is a great choice compared to other cars in the class like the bmw 5 series. Like I said my only complaints is the 8 speed tranny when it comes to the speed of shifts in tip-tronic mode, and i kind of wish there were wider wheels in the rear, its running a 19x8 at all 4 corners with 235/45/19, but i will be getting wider rims eventually anyway.

Back