Micchelin PSS vs Bridgestone RE-11

Pierl

Hi guys, I need to make a quick decision, I posted this in the tire section but I know a few guys here have good track experience so I need your opinion on this.
I was supposed to get some track wheels in 18x10 and toyo R888 but the seller bailed on me and I have to make a quick decision
to replace my curent DD setup ..Hankook V12 275/30/19.. I know it is not the optimal set up but I need to make a quick turn around since I have a track day in two weeks
and there is no 18" wheels available in my size at the moment.

as for now there is only 2 candidate :

-michelin PSS
-bridgestone RE-11

also:
-advan AD08 is also an option but it they aren't rated XL and the load index is pretty low for my fat-ass car.
- Michelin sport CUP in 285/30/19 but were talking 500$ + each
-Nitto NT05 not really familiar with the brand

I'm leaning towards the RE-11 since the are closer to a R compound and still sidewall but everybody seems to be crazy over the PSS.
I know the michelin are fairly new but is there anybody who did some track days and or autocross with them yet ?
My old PS2 were fine for DD but got chunked up pretty bad on the track.

thanks in advance

You are not really driving a lightweight :)
Stick to the RE-11.

Generally, Michelin will have a softer sidewall.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just got the RE-11 about a month ago for my stock 135i. My top two choices were the Michelins PSS or the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11.

I went with the RE-11 in a slightly wider size front (from OEM 215 to 225) and back (from 245 to 255).

Amazing tires on the street - can hardly break traction even in the wet!

Will test them on the track soon as well...

They look great and agressive on the car too.

Back