MK5 Jetta Correcting someone else's mess

Nico and Celica doing great work as usual!

as for the previous detail, i'll refrain from posting as the section moderator would probably give me an infraction.

Sorry to say it but I find this post 283749283 times worse and more immature and unprofessional than anything Cobra has EVER posted. I've had work done by both of you on numerous cars and I didn't want to come on here and compare, but a post like this deserves it. The work Cobra did on my car is better than any work I had done previously by anyone else. And I've tried many detailers

It's unfortunate that you posted what you did, but I find it very professional and mature that Cobra hasn't sunk down to YOUR level (or the OP's) by coming in this thread.

I don't see this as a bashing. Maybe it is.. I do however believe there are two faces of this story. One, Steven can clear this up if he wishes and post how he feels about your work. You did a good job in terms of what a professional will call a 1 step correction. Steven did actually post on your original thread that he was happy "Thanks again for the amazing work, great guy, great work, will call again if needed +1 would recommend him"

Then you claim that you needed two days to do this job... so why didn't you do that?
We did a two step since Steven wanted to pay for a two step, and that's acceptable. He just paid you to do something you claimed a 3 step job. This is not the first time you encounter this kinds of troubles, and you call it a cobra bash.. I don't think so. We all make mistakes, I have.. and I had to redo some jobs without any questions asked. I don't blame it on the previous detailer, or a lack of time. It is how you handle problems that makes you different from the rest. I'm sorry to be bold with you. I know you excel on your marketing skills, and the time you spend online is above what I can afford.

I believe my reputation is where it is because the way I handle things. I don't spend my time saying I'm the best with the most experience and that body shops are $hit compared to my jobs.. I find that unprofessional. I'm sure of my quality of work, and hence I don't feel the need to bash anyone elses jobs. But just to refresh my background.. started in 97 as a wash and wax boy.. stopped for a few years while in music college. Returned in 2001, in 2007 took body shop classes specializing as a painter, 2010 finished a certificate in management at HEC.

Here.. allow me to recap your original post:
Again, please excuse-me if this is a bashing, I'm just giving my personal opinions and feel free since you often express yourself this way on other people work. I don't want to lower myself to your level, even thou you try hard to copy my work, I just don't want to lower myself to your level. You are good at what you do.. you are organized, there is just want thing I can tell you, set your standards straight and whatever is not there then let it go.

otherwise.. keep it up and have a great season cobraaa.

Sorry to say it but I find this post 283749283 times worse and more immature and unprofessional than anything Cobra has EVER posted. I've had work done by both of you on numerous cars and I didn't want to come on here and compare, but a post like this deserves it. The work Cobra did on my car is better than any work I had done previously by anyone else. And I've tried many detailers

It's unfortunate that you posted what you did, but I find it very professional and mature that Cobra hasn't sunk down to YOUR level (or the OP's) by coming in this thread.

I think BS needs to be called out and CelicaGTS post was appropriate.

On the other hand, I do think that a bad day can happen to any detailer and mistake can happen and the mess on that Jetta might not represent usual CobrAAA's work.

question comme ça, il s'est écoulé combien de jour entre les 2 jobs?

VinceGTI je te trouve un peu rough sur CobrAAA. Disons que tu manques rarement une occasion de lui lancer des flèches ou plutôt des remarques. Je me pose la question, est-ce que c'était vraiment nécesaire de nommer des noms dans ce thread? C'est pas plus simple de prendre le tel ou communiquer en PM pour exprimer ses sentiments d'insatisfaction au fournisseur de service et à lui de corriger la situation?

Des erreurs, ça arrive seulement à ceux qui travaillent. De démolir quelqu'un pour se remonter ça vaut un gros zéro dans mon livre. Malheureusement, ce n'est pas tout le monde qui a cette intelligence pour le remarquer. En même temps ce thread peut servir de leçon d'humilité pour CobrAAA. Il ne s'est pas gêné pour basher Dr Spa, faut croire que son crachat lui a retombé sur le nez.

Car looks a million times better with the wheels the way they are now Sparco, don't change a thing. I won't get into the detailing war...

question comme ça, il s'est écoulé combien de jour entre les 2 jobs?

VinceGTI je te trouve un peu rough sur CobrAAA. Disons que tu manques rarement une occasion de lui lancer des flèches ou plutôt des remarques. Je me pose la question, est-ce que c'était vraiment nécesaire de nommer des noms dans ce thread? C'est pas plus simple de prendre le tel ou communiquer en PM pour exprimer ses sentiments d'insatisfaction au fournisseur de service et à lui de corriger la situation?

Des erreurs, ça arrive seulement à ceux qui travaillent. De démolir quelqu'un pour se remonter ça vaut un gros zéro dans mon livre. Malheureusement, ce n'est pas tout le monde qui a cette intelligence pour le remarquer. En même temps ce thread peut servir de leçon d'humilité pour CobrAAA. Il ne s'est pas gêné pour basher Dr Spa, faut croire que son crachat lui a retombé sur le nez.

Tu dis ca a moi? T'es sérieux la? Va donc relire ce que j'ai écrit...

En passant, je le diss pas en publique, je lui en parle en privé quand je vois des choses farfelues dans ses jobs... Je lui réfère des clients (a CelicaGTS et Nico aussi d'ailleur).

If you knew how to read, you would realize that cobra did write in this thread and the "lower to your level part" is a quote from him. Before making any accusations I would read and then post.

My 2 cents

It all right to me Patrick. And that's exactly the point I do want to bring out. Cobra did a better job on YOUR car, and that's how it should be for everyone. I don't expect him either to come and comment, he doesn't have to.. I don't know how you guys read, but I do say good things about him. Let me put it clearly, and hopefully you can understand. There is no doubt cobra can provide good services, but he hasn't follow a standard on all his jobs. So my point is to encourage him to proceed into doing what he does well on all the cars. Am I being immature or unprofessional.. then we both have different points and that's the beauty of life.

I'm glad there are many great detailers in Montreal. We all have different personalities, and will manage our stuff differently. You have just meshed well with cobra as I have meshed well with other people in this city. That is normal.

You guys should feel blessed there are guys like cobra, me, vince, nico, excessiv (hoping for your recovery) and the rest which I barely know. Its just that cobra makes 100 post weekly, some interesting some not, and bumping posts to his advantage. If I flood this section with all the cars done last year it just wouldn't be right for the guys who wish to start something going.

I think BS needs to be called out and CelicaGTS post was appropriate.

On the other hand, I do think that a bad day can happen to any detailer and mistake can happen and the mess on that Jetta might not represent usual CobrAAA's work.

I'm sure it doesn't represent either. And I don't know what happened between the owner and cobra, to me they should had just make an arrangement and have it done again. Oh and one more thing.. isn't a "conflit d'interet" to have a shop and mod at the same time on this section?

Thank you guys!

We do honest work and try to do our best with the budget giving to us by our customers.

I second that. It was really fun working on that sexy jet black jetta.

Last edited:
PROFESSIONAL:
A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee ! Just saying..

Il y a beaucoup de confusion dans ce thread et je trouve ça dommage.

C'est facile de critiquer le travail de quelqu'un sur internet quand ont ne connais pas toutes l'histoire.

Il y a une personne que je connais sur MR qui ce fais critiquer, sauf que la je connais bien la personne et je sais que tous ce qui c'est dit dans le thread est faux.

Je connais pas personnellement Cobraa, mais je me dit qu'il peut ce passé bien des chose en 2 mois et surtout avec les température qu'on a eu et ce que le client en question a fait ou n'a pas fait depuis 2 mois.

C'est seulement une analyse et non une affirmation.

@sparcosoul, ton char est vraiment nice

PROFESSIONAL:
A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee ! Just saying..

Oui et un professionnel n'a pas besoin de détruire une personne pour se remonter. Just saying... Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Oui et un professionnel n'a pas besoin de détruire une personne pour se remonter. Just saying... Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

No one destroyed anyone, no detailer here mentioned anyone's name really, they just stated the truth.. The truth sometimes hurts but people should be able to take criticism in order to better their profession.

Sorry to say but If youre going to publicize and call youre self a professional , Then I think you need to realise that any cc Is apart of the business , I can tell you In more then many ways where Cobra Is going wrong amd where he can Improve his game (Thats If hes open to Ideas-If not then he has alot to learn about being a professional).

As far as prior posts were made and where we would assume any name callings I dont think NIKO/ALEX were wrong for posting what they have posted ! If any thing they solidified there credentials ! And displayed work ethics.

Now Im Just saying... So I hope you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Back