Loving this year's F1 season

VWSpeed

Another great race, four races with four different winners. However F1 should not have raced in Bahrein.

I was cheering for Kimi but he only tried one real pass :dunno:

I hope it continues for the remainder of the season, it is very unpredictable.

Kimi is such a great drive but god danm I hate when he speaks! ZERO emotions as always lol. But ya, this year's season is gonna be insane!

Bahrain was known as the BOARING GP in the last 2 races (excluding last years for obvious reasons).

DRS played a huge role in having some battles up front, in the midfield and towards the back.

2012 F1 season is def. the most unpredictable so far, but something tells me that when the next race will occur (Spanish GP), there will be some key players that will benefit from some serious factory upgrades. It was not a good week end for McLaren (Button had to pit 3 laps before the end and retire with 2 laps to go) and Lewis had a bad pit stop that eliminated any chance of a podium.

In all, I was rooting for Alonso and Kimi.

Good race for Romain Grosjean and for Renault powered cars that lead the top 4 positions.

Any news on Rosberg-Hamilton investigation? :dunno:

How does the DRS system works ? Someone care to explain ? Thanks.

Drag Reduction System:
Half of the rear wing can become horizontal with the press of a button. Hydraulic piston, i think. You can use it as much as you want in qualifying. It make you faster in the longs straights. In race you can only use it in one straight that is chosen before the race (usually the longest one). And you must be less than 1 second behind someone. This is to make passing easier. So the guy who is in front can't use it, and the guy directly behind can.

Cette saison est de loin la plus belle depuis un certain temps!! Hamilton fan ici,j'aime quand même que le fait que sa se bat plus qu'à 2 équipes. Les Perez,Grosjean,The Iceman... wow. Je croise mes doigts que sa continue jusqu'à la fin.

Drag Reduction System:
Half of the rear wing can become horizontal with the press of a button. Hydraulic piston, i think. You can use it as much as you want in qualifying. It make you faster in the longs straights. In race you can only use it in one straight that is chosen before the race (usually the longest one). And you must be less than 1 second behind someone. This is to make passing easier. So the guy who is in front can't use it, and the guy directly behind can.

Not exactly, DRS is active when the gap is grater than 1 second from the person in front of you. And also, DRS is activated on lap 3.

Not exactly, DRS is active when the gap is grater than 1 second from the person in front of you. And also, DRS is activated on lap 3.

Nope, you have to be within the 1 second, this is exactly why the leader uses the 3 first laps to get out of the DRS gap. Also you can use DRS when lapping slower cars and some tracks have 2 DRS zones.

This season is just great, 2 first races were quite random because of the weather, but since China we have great racing and wheel to wheel action. Hamilton had TWO awful pit stops today, unacceptable from such a team! Sucks big time for Button to... I think Kimi was afraid to go to the limit of the tires like last week-end, he is under a whole lot of pressure and Lotus wants him to bring big points and many podiums; after 3 disappointing races he went for a secure 2nd instead of pushing for a gamble. Kimi is a great driver and a world champion, a championship he won with a single point over Hamilton and Alonso; we'll see out it played out a the end of the season! But as I said somewhere else, Renault (now Lotus) hasn't been able to make any serious in season development in the last years... Pretty sure they will be running behind Ferrari by mid season.

Also props to di Resta for the 2 stops strategy, even Kobayashi wasn't able to pull it off!

Great season so far, I'm really liking these new young drivers should continue to make for a exciting future for the sport. Wouldn't be surprised to see Massa out of Ferrari by the end of the season.

Great season so far, I'm really liking these new young drivers should continue to make for a exciting future for the sport. Wouldn't be surprised to see Massa out of Ferrari by the end of the season.

TBH I'm surprise he's still racing in 2012 lol

I loved the racing so far but I've been disappointed with Schumacher's bad luck. He can't BUY a stroke of good luck if he paid for it this year.

It was amazing in China to see Rosberg win. Hopefully Kimi's next, at least he's real close.

Anyone else find that whenever Kobayashi is on the screen, there's an incident? He's like the reckless driver to end all reckless drivers, maybe a bit less this last race but man, he's always either clipping someone, burning up a tyre, going off course, etc.

Crazy move from di Resta! Maldonado braked super late to overtake Perez (I think) and as a result went wide, the Sauber tryied to protect his position by pushing Maldonado on the outside and di Resta just dived on the inside full speed, double overtake 3 cars wide !!!

This year is something else. Gotta love how steady Webber has been, 4 races and all 4th places. He hasn't won but he is still up there in the points because he is that steady.

Bahrain should have never taken place, i agree 100%. Hopefully they'll pull the plug on Bahrain when the 2 US grand prixs are in.

Spanish GP should be a treat. Everyone has been plagued with problems this year. Redbull being caught with 30 extra horse, McLaren with numerous mechanical issues. No one has the advantage this year, it's anyones guess who will win in Spain.

Grosjean has been a great sight, a newbiw front runner in a series dominated by 3 guys over the last 5 years.

If everything stays the same, Canadian GP should be one insane week-end.

fantastic season!!! Kimi picked off right where he left off and Grosjean has been my fav "newcomer" Can't wait for Spain and Monaco!

Bahrain well what a boring track but Bernie would rather have it without grandstands. Hopefully he will kick the bucket

Schumy has been somewhat unlucky but he can't race with the young guns anymore. I just hope the season continues this way and that it just doesn't settle into a 2-team race.

Let's not take anything away from Schumy, he definitely isn't my favorite driver but he still is only a few tenths off the young guns. Yes i know in F1 a few tenths in massive, but figure that every weekend, there are +/- 7 drivers who don't even qualify with the 104% rule, but magically, Schumy is there every weekend. He is no longer a top 5 driver, but he still has it. I think he would be great in DTM (like his brother) or FIA GT1

Back