OFFICIAL- getting into the sport- but too lazy to read all the threads

Sebdavid

Legacy Member
SAFE is FAST new website

OK, so I have hijacked the 1st post of this thread so I can make a point.

In this thread you will find a lot of useful info and discussions aimed at noobs to the sport.

PLEASE TAKE the time to read it all and then use the search function to find more answers.

While there are many members here that enjoying answering basic questions- most of the time its the same old thing.

There are threads dedicated to
-Where to start
-What to buy
-this car vs that car
-what is costs
-is this for me?
-schedules
-and much much more

so welcome to the sport, start reading and enjoy!!

Carl Wener
AKA BBQman

http://safeisfast.com/

Wow, LOTS of really interesting info straight from the horses' mouths. Real fun to hear drivers' opinions on learning tracks, left-foot braking, etc. Go take a look, it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super bien fait. Merci Seb. Et ce qui est récnfortant, c'est d'entendre que ce qu'on dit à nos étudiants est la même chose que les pros rapportent dans leurs vidéos.

Last edited:
Left foot braking FTW! :bigup:

A very well done website. I just finished watching all the videos.

Looks interesting , will have to watch the videos and see what they add to it later.

Awesome link, thanks Seb! :bigup:

I see a lot of new helmet and HANS sales coming Perry's way...if people are listening...

Really good find, Seb!
Well presented and very informative along with the right attitude and focus.

Excellent videos. I will be forcing EVERYONE on our Formula SAE team to watch these videos... especially the part on sponsorship as it is the one key area that is holding us back.

Ah shit! Non Seb, toi t'as pas le droit de regarder les vidéos, au cas où tu pognerait un truc qui te rendrait encore plus vite... ça suffit comme ça!:D

Driving/racing class

Hello everyone i'm not sure if this is the right section for this post but wtv here it goes.

I was checking out the Icar website for their prices on driving course's . Most the course they offer is pretty expensive so i'm wondering.

Is it worth the price ? Can you get the same or better programs somewhere else without paying 1k a day ?

My objective is to learn how to drive a race car properly so i can do some lapping in winter and summer from time to time at the track without running my car (its not a racing car) into the wall .

Also their defensive program was something i could want to learn.

AISA academy. Very good instructors. Affordable fees. Look in the tread in this forum or call Carl at Perry Performance.

No need of a race car to hit the track... A car in good shape will do it for a beginner to
learn how to drive at the track.

Anything including a car will be expensive. Plus if you damage the the rental
race car they will charge big $$$ to fix it.

If you use your car, AISA is the place to start.

Step one - Learn how to walk.
Step two - Learn how to walk fast.
Step three - Learn how to run.

You won't be a hero after only two days...

Back