Your local hero needs attention .... Part Deuce

A bit too much camber in the back if you ask me, but still a really nice mazda 3. Having owned the same model same color mazda3, it makes me miss mine. But local hero ? I think a lot of members here deserve that title more than a guy with a bagged mazda ( not saying its not nice i really like it )

Dude, t'es ou ? Y'en a plein de gars qui drive static a cette hauteur sans probleme...

La 3 est cute, mais les bags dans ma tete ca va sur un VIP car, that's it. Je suis curieux par contre, c'est quoi la hauteur daily driven ?

Plein? Montre moi 5 photos de voitures locales qui roulent static.

Il doit pas la rouler comme sa la mazda3, donc oui il doit avoir plein de gars qui roule plus bas Static que la hauteur a laquelle il daily drive sa mazda.

I've tolerated stanced cars enough and I've had it up to here with this bull shit whining and complaining from the stanced crew when people don't like them.

Rant begin:

The first issue I have is the fact that this car's owner is proclaimed to be a hero.

What fucking aspect of this car merits the owner to be proclaimed a hero? I mean seriously. Okay, fine, I get it, it's the internet and you can say what you want. But I honestly want to know! So it got featured on a couple websites, including MR, big fucking deal, I don't see how that makes the owner a hero.

Let us look at the definition.

Marian Webster said:
Hero:
a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b : an illustrious warrior
c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d : one who shows great courage

So based on the definition, the only two potential definitions that we could attribute to said Mazda owner would be C or D. Fine.

Let us look at C: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities. Now if you consider having bags, expensive wheels and some camber to be achievement then you have something seriously wrong with you. I don't think that being featured is an achievement because the dude is friends with air society, which is an automatic feature and for some reason the hipsters of the car world think that camber is the "in" thing to do, therefore exposing this car to other hipsters throughout the global car scene. Don't even get me started on these people. So based on deduction, I have no idea how definition C could accurately depict the 3 owner.

So instead we turn to D: one who shows great courage. If anything this owner shows everything BUT courage. It doesn't take courage to rock a set up like that but rather a lack of self confidence and insecurity issues.

Oh right, he's a hero because he is rocking a set up that will get tones of hate! WTF, are you serious? Get your own opinion people because I guarantee the people who think this would not say the same about crazy riced out body kit civics with neons and park bench. Who knows, maybe they actually like that set up and still rock it despite the fact that they know its a heated debate/hated style. How would you know their intentions? Did you talk to them? No, you assume. Stop being brainwashed and make up your mind for yourselves

Oh yea, I forgot! He's putting Montreal on the map for it's car scene...for all the WRONG reasons.

Based on what I mentioned, how the fuck can he be a hero?!

My next issue is the attitude of Air Society.

First of all, I've never had a problem with them at all and like most of their cars but this one has crossed the line for a few reasons. One being the title and the second being their reaction to the "Hate" comments.

Not everybody is going to like it, which is something you don't seem to understand. If a person says they don't like it, you don't have to turn into brainwashing elitist faggots. I mean just because somebody doesn't have a cambered aired out ride doesn't mean their opinion is invalid. Simply because they don't like it, does not mean you have to guilt trip them because they don't like it: It's not WRONG that they don't like it. It's as if you think you're better and are talking down to them because they are not rocking similar set ups. Also the fact that members don't have featured cars doesn't mean their rides are inferior nor does it make their opinions wrong or invalid. In fact a lot of these people have a lot of pride in their rides and don't need their car to be accepted by large groups of people to sleep at night, they are happy and that's all that matters. They have something called humility, try it sometime.

My last issue is that of the cambered/stanced issue.

I've had enough of this stupid shit. I can understand bags being practical, since you can ride low and comfortably but you don't need to be slammed to the fucking ground, which is why I have an issue with camber. Especially on our shit roads. Sure a slight amount of camber is beneficial to performance and safety but not that much, in fact it is detrimental to handling and safety, aside from the fact that you wear out your tires quicker.

Being stanced means your car has shit handling as less contact with the ground. I have an issue with that because cars are meant to DRIVE not to stay static and look at in a parking lot and take a couple pictures of.

Cambering and stancing your car is the modern day equivalent to ricing your car out with body kits, neons and park benches. Both serve NO purpose but to purely attract attention from passing people(to stand out) and to blend in with the rest of like-minded tuners who style their cars the same way. Neither two styles affect performance and stancing your ride actually reduces handling and safety, which is dually why it is stupid.

The Mazda 3 is a great handling car and the Speed 3 beat out the WRX, Ralliart, Cobalt SS and GTi in the slalom test, as well as being voted Best hot hatch for 3 or 4 years in a row. Why not use mazdaspeed suspension components to beef up the stock 3's suspension instead, THAT is cool. You gain traction and increase your cars handling and safety. The opposite of what cambering does, while still looking half decent since it is considerably lower. Oh, but I forgot, your car won't stand out and that makes you feel uncomfortable. I just want to stress one thing: Your car is first and foremost YOUR CAR, not anybody elses. You don't have to generate tones of hate and debate in order to be accepted/known by the car community, there are so many other ways and negative publicity is hardly the way to go.

I cannot wait for this fad to be over.

The worst part of my rant is the fact that the 2lo crew/Air Society guys wanted reactions like so, it generates even more attention to the car so I guess you could say that I am a victim to their publicity stunt as well but I don't give a shit because I've said what I have to say.

Just to make a few things clear: I wouldn't normally have anything against this 3 but the manner which it is being portrayed has aggravated me. Nor do I have any issues with the owner of the car, I am not one to judge as to why he made his car like so but for whatever it may be I hope he is staying true to himself and not trying to stand out by using the latest "fad" I also have nothing against the air society guys, I'm just mad at the way they went about getting this thing publicity, which in essence is effective.

Also Mad props to G-Bus to speaking his mind and giving me confidence to speak my own as well.

/endrant

I've tolerated stanced cars enough and I've had it up to here with this bull shit whining and complaining from the stanced crew when people don't like them.

Rant begin:

The first issue I have is the fact that this car's owner is proclaimed to be a hero.

What fucking aspect of this car merits the owner to be proclaimed a hero? I mean seriously. Okay, fine, I get it, it's the internet and you can say what you want. But I honestly want to know! So it got featured on a couple websites, including MR, big fucking deal, I don't see how that makes the owner a hero.

Let us look at the definition.

So based on the definition, the only two potential definitions that we could attribute to said Mazda owner would be C or D. Fine.

Let us look at C: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities. Now if you consider having bags, expensive wheels and some camber to be achievement then you have something seriously wrong with you. I don't think that being featured is an achievement because the dude is friends with air society, which is an automatic feature and for some reason the hipsters of the car world think that camber is the "in" thing to do, therefore exposing this car to other hipsters throughout the global car scene. Don't even get me started on these people. So based on deduction, I have no idea how definition C could accurately depict the 3 owner.

So instead we turn to D: one who shows great courage. If anything this owner shows everything BUT courage. It doesn't take courage to rock a set up like that but rather a lack of self confidence and insecurity issues.

Oh right, he's a hero because he is rocking a set up that will get tones of hate! WTF, are you serious? Get your own opinion people because I guarantee the people who think this would not say the same about crazy riced out body kit civics with neons and park bench. Who knows, maybe they actually like that set up and still rock it despite the fact that they know its a heated debate/hated style. How would you know their intentions? Did you talk to them? No, you assume. Stop being brainwashed and make up your mind for yourselves

Oh yea, I forgot! He's putting Montreal on the map for it's car scene...for all the WRONG reasons.

Based on what I mentioned, how the fuck can he be a hero?!

My next issue is the attitude of Air Society.

First of all, I've never had a problem with them at all and like most of their cars but this one has crossed the line for a few reasons. One being the title and the second being their reaction to the "Hate" comments.

Not everybody is going to like it, which is something you don't seem to understand. If a person says they don't like it, you don't have to turn into brainwashing elitist faggots. I mean just because somebody doesn't have a cambered aired out ride doesn't mean their opinion is invalid. Simply because they don't like it, does not mean you have to guilt trip them because they don't like it: It's not WRONG that they don't like it. It's as if you think you're better and are talking down to them because they are not rocking similar set ups. Also the fact that members don't have featured cars doesn't mean their rides are inferior nor does it make their opinions wrong or invalid. In fact a lot of these people have a lot of pride in their rides and don't need their car to be accepted by large groups of people to sleep at night, they are happy and that's all that matters. They have something called humility, try it sometime.

My last issue is that of the cambered/stanced issue.

I've had enough of this stupid shit. I can understand bags being practical, since you can ride low and comfortably but you don't need to be slammed to the fucking ground, which is why I have an issue with camber. Especially on our shit roads. Sure a slight amount of camber is beneficial to performance and safety but not that much, in fact it is detrimental to handling and safety, aside from the fact that you wear out your tires quicker.

Being stanced means your car has shit handling as less contact with the ground. I have an issue with that because cars are meant to DRIVE not to stay static and look at in a parking lot and take a couple pictures of.

Cambering and stancing your car is the modern day equivalent to ricing your car out with body kits, neons and park benches. Both serve NO purpose but to purely attract attention from passing people(to stand out) and to blend in with the rest of like-minded tuners who style their cars the same way. Neither two styles affect performance and stancing your ride actually reduces handling and safety, which is dually why it is stupid.

The Mazda 3 is a great handling car and the Speed 3 beat out the WRX, Ralliart, Cobalt SS and GTi in the slalom test, as well as being voted Best hot hatch for 3 or 4 years in a row. Why not use mazdaspeed suspension components to beef up the stock 3's suspension instead, THAT is cool. You gain traction and increase your cars handling and safety. The opposite of what cambering does, while still looking half decent since it is considerably lower. Oh, but I forgot, your car won't stand out and that makes you feel uncomfortable. I just want to stress one thing: Your car is first and foremost YOUR CAR, not anybody elses. You don't have to generate tones of hate and debate in order to be accepted/known by the car community, there are so many other ways and negative publicity is hardly the way to go.

I cannot wait for this fad to be over.

The worst part of my rant is the fact that the 2lo crew/Air Society guys wanted reactions like so, it generates even more attention to the car so I guess you could say that I am a victim to their publicity stunt as well but I don't give a shit because I've said what I have to say.

Just to make a few things clear: I wouldn't normally have anything against this 3 but the manner which it is being portrayed has aggravated me. Nor do I have any issues with the owner of the car, I am not one to judge as to why he made his car like so but for whatever it may be I hope he is staying true to himself and not trying to stand out by using the latest "fad" I also have nothing against the air society guys, I'm just mad at the way they went about getting this thing publicity, which in essence is effective.

Also Mad props to G-Bus to speaking his mind and giving me confidence to speak my own as well.

/endrant

THIS!!

I mean, modifying your car is all nice and good, but "Stance" is where you basically go, lower a car to the point where speedbumps look like Mount Everest, put some stupidly oversized rims with tires that are 40 mm narrower than the recommended width, and then put stupid amounts of camber, resulting in a car that rides like shit, looks like it belongs in a circus, goes through tires like a stripper goes through G-strings, and drives slower/handles worse than before.

I mean, you could always go and spend all that money on actual performance upgrades, but hey, the ladies won't know you're "strait-up ballin" unless they see you rolling up "stanced as shit on them hella-flush dope-ass chrome rimz", and we all know that bitches LOVE shiny objects!!!

Now, take a seat over there with the Donk, Bodykit, and "Murdered-Out" fads

Jmac wins pretty much all of the interwebs.

A lot of what I am thinking was mentionned in his post. Oh and to the guy that said cheap tires are on because of excessive camber which will wear them out quicker, AND to Steve who started to get all offensive on me and keeps saying "people still don't understand this camber is necessary to fit the wheels". No buddy, people are not dumb, people realize that fact (well at least I do) BUT

Both of those things, about the camber and about the tires, are the most dumbfuck counter productive "look at me" insecure idiotic mentality bandwagon modification drives I have ever internetted.

It's a bit like stacking up on meds and roaming around the hospital ER at the time when chances of getting some serious flu are elevated. Stay the fuck away from the hospital and you won't need the meds?

Why the fuck would one need to put wheels on a car that don't fit UNLESS you neg the camber so hard that it looks like a tent? Can somebody explain? Or even so, answer this, do you find that shit looks good? Really? And if the answer is yes to that, then I have nothing to argue about with you lunatics lol.

Fuck it, might as well bust one of these out too.

Alright, so before anything, let me just state that although Sam's car isn't exactly my cup of tea, I do respect it because the car is clean, a real head turner and took time and effort to build.

But iv'e come to realize something; the difference between G-Bus, Jmac, lower_30, Android, ect and myself, is that we like SPORTS cars, not regular cars with bags. I believe a car show have just as much go as it does show. I get satisfaction from driving hard, not from airing out to impress people.

I also think the whole stance community lives in its own little realm and thinks everything revolves around it. Never have I ever seen so much ass kissing when it comes to cars.

Lastly, the fact that not only Sam's car, but any other featured car is posted on W&C/canibeat/any other cool stance bro facebook page doesn't really do anything, since you just copy pictures from each other anyways.

The only one that is unique and has an actual purpose is AirSociety, because there is no other bag community (at least not that I know of).

Bottom line is, we're 2 distinct groups of people looking for 2 different things in cars. Now, whether you like the car or not, doesn't really matter, because all that does, it that the owner does.

Give the guy a break, I don't get where all of you have any say on this dudes car, props to him for doing his own thing!

Give the guy a break, I don't get where all of you have any say on this dudes car, props to him for doing his own thing!

The problem is not the car (you like it or you don't), it's the attitude around it.

I also think the whole stance community lives in its own little realm and thinks everything revolves around it. Never have I ever seen so much ass kissing when it comes to cars.

LOLOLOLOLOL i cant believe people are going nuts over this "LOCAL HERO" thing lolol....its just a fuckin tittle .......its like if we took TYLERS STI...and since its all blacked out and he has darth vaders helmet..we tittle it " THE DARK LORD" ...and then everyone rants because hes no LORD and he doesnt have JEDI POWERS LOLOL.......

anyways point is ....this is gonna be a never ending battle ......no ones right ...no ones wrong....everyones had there own taste....its like your GF's ....some people will find her good looking...some poeple with find her butt ugly....either way....you like her and are attracted to her soo you'll stick to her side right? because shes of your taste....well dont we always call our cars our second " GIRLFRIEND"??

Seriously...who cares if they called him a hero if you don't like the car do

like me and move to something else...What a bunch of cry babies...

Le gag c'est que dans le premier thread sur le char, le thread était intitullé Local hero, tser !

The problem is not the car (you like it or you don't), it's the attitude around it.

The guy and his crew / friends are proud of what he accomplished on his build, if you do not like it then simply don't bother posting, its a public forum for people to share projects and what not, they do so to add content and help the community grow, what is the point of bashing on this guy simply because You don't like what HE has done with HIS car...

Everyone needs to take a pill of grow the fck up around here.

Back