3800 L67 RWD Conversion

Really starting to look like this is going somewhere!

jggZr5x.jpg

AntiRoll bar still fits with the supercharged on top of the motor! I am so stoked!
dMylQzT.jpg

:p Yeah thanks, Yeah the SR5 turtle the whole 70hp 8v carburated! Is your automatic?

cFfhtdQ.jpg

pbLs1zt.jpg

O5Jzo1D.jpg

JIf8zqY.jpg

l17hOZu.jpg

DBRR2nB.jpg

YbIVz7q.jpg

oZaekzu.jpg

j4ypvzH.jpg

Its alittle scored up :S
qyBIseF.jpg

L5Vxc3U.jpg

ibx2mGk.jpg

UIKsNjk.jpg

Porting
RseYLc4.jpg

Passed a scotchbright in the housing and it doesn't look too bad
qIPxD2n.jpg

p5cDsad.jpg

d5HqcrN.jpg

Got to use the tool you got to get the jobs done
KwgH8qd.jpg

zzEeyT8.jpg

EGR life
Ut57vE2.jpg

Awesome. That 20v ITB sound though is wicked. I swapped a GTS T50 transmission with the GTS bellhousing (SR5 had a different bellhousing with the slave on the driver side instead of the passenger side) but I made it work. Had them crappy drum brakes and the worst of all is that the car bogged down in the corners so drifting was almost impossible inless there was snow on the ground :p also the open diff didn't help.

Yeah man I can't wait to finish this baby. I pretty much have all the parts and its just down to the fabricating the supercharger and headers. After that just some wiring and it should be ready to fire up. Slow but surely everyday something gets done. Will post more updates soon ;)

Saw you welded the silencer ports, i was scared to warp my housing like that, put the rotors back in it to make sure its not warped.

well i took out the roller bearings already so I wont know until i finish the top part before I press in the new bearings. Im sure its ok cuz i welded it fast and did a slow cool down. the housing if fairly solid i highly doubt there was any warpage

3 types of GM throw out bearing retainers

Throttlebody flange welded on!

Looks pretty awesome now!

Fits nicely!

Top part finished!

Just need to press in the new needle bearings then I can re assemble it!

Thanks man. Now I just gotta paint the supercharger. Had some trouble fitting the transmission on since the input shaft sticks abit farther out than the bellhousing so gotta pull the engine back out and hammer the fire wall abit more.

Painted Eaton M90

Using a Toyota Tercel throttle cable

Moving the Alternator lower

Tacked but not fully welded bracket

Transmission mount and new bushing

HEADERS STARTED! 1

I am going to get the other side done this week.

Last edited:
lol I cut them up to get the flange and collector. They just weren't in the right position to work with this chassis.

So this is how I modified the tensioner

Actually I messed up and it is the metal ring over the plastic thing.

There is a piece that comes out here that stops the tensioner for going farther than this. This need to be grinded down flush. You are going to have to weld some aluminium to it in a different position

HEADERS ARE DONE!

Need a smaller belt (2100mm) is the size that fit for the lower alternator with modified tensioner. It clears the water pump pulley perfectly!

Back