Dashboard Camera - Need advice

i have use somthing similar to this
01.jpg

one problem i have with this is night shots. sometimes the camera only capture the glare of the IR lighting on your windshield because it's on a bad angle.

I have the same. Stay away from it, mainly because it's very cheap plastic. I broke mine @ the hinge but I was able to epoxy it back. IR is neat and does an o.k. job in the evening but night time is really dependent on your headlights. I do not get the IR reflection off windshield issue.

4GB card will capture 20mins on 1920resolution, 40min at 1080

Pro: Suction cup is pretty solid & adjustment knobs
1920x XXXX resolution but it's still not the greatest. It does seem to capture at a pretty fast frame rate.

Con of this model: it's not really a "quick" connect like some that I've seen that attach with strong magnets. This is to be screwed on (2-3 twists).

I would look for something like this except check the high resolution FPS.
Get one with GPS too
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1-3mp-...ox-with-gps-logger-g-sensor-2gb-tf-card-50325

That's why you get what you pay for... Yes the BlackVue is a little pricey but I mean the night quality is un-matched in any other unit!

^^So far are you happy with it? I don't follow this , but is there something newer with better reviews? Or yours is still the way to go ? I'm waiting and waiting but missing loads of "nice" videos. I have to pull the trigger

here are all my videos. I am still beyond happy with the quality. When I hear about something better for the money I would consider it. The SD card problem is not that big of a deal... Get home, format SD card, reload OS. It's happened to me 2 times but it's because the roads here are so bad it keeps having to write event files while it's already writing an event file.

The device is very un-intrusive and sleek looking. the desktop app is very well designed. The gps & speed monitors work very well also. I have done my research and I cannot get myself to recommend anything else. Do not pay the full price for it. Many ebay sellers in the 199-225 range last time i checked.

**make sure you select HD when watching the video on youtube!**

Je viens de recevoir ma BlackVue HD cette semaine... Pas eu le temps de l'essayer, mais comme les autres je ferai un petit review! :bigup:

Back