Galaxy nexus users/gurus

NisMobile

Do you know when we are getting the 4.0.4 ics update?

I, as many in Canada seem to be stuck on 4.0.1 and cant get OTA even after a few tweaks

running yakjuux

you need to unlock your bootloader and flash the stock google image so you get updates right from google

check on xda devs there's a sticky for an all-in-one toolkit that does this really easily

this will switch you to yukju which will give you OTA right from google

And void your warranty. Might be worth it to mention that also...
But seriously I unlocked mine months ago!

Not exactly, you can relock the bootloader for warranty purpose

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

you need to unlock your bootloader and flash the stock google image so you get updates right from google

check on xda devs there's a sticky for an all-in-one toolkit that does this really easily

this will switch you to yukju which will give you OTA right from google

i know i can do that, and do not feel like doing it. it just doesnt make sense that we are stuck on 4.0.1 when there are 3 updates after mine

ah yeah, one imporatant thing, BEFORE unlocking the bootloader, back-up everything.

Cuz as a security measure, unlocking the bootloader also do a factory reset

Just get a custom Rom. Instead of doing all the job of rooting and flashing another rom, might as well flash something better. I'm running AOKP Milestone 5 with Android 4.0.4. Best thing that ever happened to my phone. Amazing new features built inside the rom, way faster than any stock rom and wayyy smoother than any other device on the market, including the iPhone. Its THAT good!

For more info, http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

It takes 10 minutes?

You are stuck on 4.0.1 because you are on a build that doesn't get OTA from Google.

I don't understand, you make a thread asking what to do, I tell you what to do, but you say you don't want to do it? ?

oh nvm just read the OP, you asked when 4.0.4 is coming out.. dunno.

i believe every build gets a ota, just at a later time, depending if its pushed by google or samsung

Back