News: RIP : Carroll Shelby

Matrix21

Je ne sais pas si c'est un repost, mais pas grave. Sad day for muscle cars enthousiasts.

http://autofluence.com/news/carroll-shelby-passes-away-at-89/

Carroll Shelby, the man who transformed the American auto industry, has died at age 89. He passed away yesterday at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. His cause of death was not disclosed.

He was always known for reinventing the automobile and creating monsters of cars such as the Shelby Cobra. Shelby is also releasing the Shelby 1000, a Mustang with over 1000hp that joins the 200mph club.

Carroll Shelby will be missed immensely in the automotive world and our condolences go out to his family.

RIP. The father of the iconic Shelby Cobra 427. Now I will need to watch the Gumball Rally again...

112_0806_03z+movie_cars+shelby_427_cobra_and_ferrari_daytona_spyder_gumball_rally.jpg

Had the pleasure of meeting him in 1997 at a national Shelby Dodge event in Detroit, defiantly a sad day in automotive history.

I had the joy of owning a 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger for over 20yrs, some great times

Mine & my friends '87 in front of lake Michigan

twins.jpg

RIP Carol Shelby. You lived a life that ppl can only dream of. Also your work became the wet dreams and bedroom posters of millions of ppl.

Thank you Carol Shelby.

Also make sure to kick Enzo Ferrari in the balls if you see him on the other side. :p

1969-shelby-mustang-gt500-eleanor.jpg

R.I.P. To the creator of my Automotive wet dream.

Your talent, passion and forward thinking brought us some of the most amazing cars the world has ever, and will ever see.

1969-shelby-mustang-gt500-eleanor.jpg

R.I.P. To the creator of my Automotive wet dream.

Your talent, passion and forward thinking brought us some of the most amazing cars the world has ever, and will ever see.

except that he never created that
he created the GT500 based on a stock Mustang
and not a contraption made by the arts department of a hollywood movie

that's a Gt500 and GT350 side by side
1968_GT500_and_GT350.JPG

Back